• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pedro Guerrero "Near Death"

My brother and I went to a Dodger game years back and he looks at me and asks, do you know why Guerrero is a third baseman? I said no. He responds, to keep track of how many balls go by to see if they need one.

If you guys think Escobar is bad, none of you saw the human road cone playing third base. Every ball hit that way his eyes tracked it but the body never seemed to move until it was in the outfield. He never once cut off the shortstop fielding a ball. Or the catcher on a bunt. Or fan for a foul ball. 

That didn't last long and he returned to the outfield where he belonged. Would have made a hell of a DH.

Sorry to hear he is in such bad shape.

Latest update from his doctor. He's doing better than many of the reports suggest.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2017/04/04/dodgers-pedro-guerrero-hospitalized/100015456/

Former Los Angeles Dodgers and St. Louis Cardinals slugger Pedro Guerrero required an emergency brain procedure to address an intraventricular hemorrhage Monday night, a surgeon at the hospital where Guerrero is recovering told USA TODAY Sports.

Guerrero, 60, was in a coma at a New York hospital when he underwent a ventriculostomy, where a tube is placed through a hole in the skull to drain fluid. Once stabilized and treated, Guerrero was transferred to Lenox Hill Hospital, were he remains in critical condition on Tuesday, according to Rafael Ortiz, the hospital’s chief of neuro-endovascular surgery and interventional neuroradiology.

“The swelling on the brain has improved a little bit,” Ortiz said. “He’s now following commands and is understanding what we are saying. While he’s in critical condition, he’s doing much better than last night.”

True colorful member of what was 1980's and early 90's of Major League Baseball.... Sad he's young!

In one story, Manager Tommy Lasorda is trying to boost his confidence and gives him a big pep talk – something that Lasorda was famous for. After the talk, Lasorda asks Guerrero what he is thinking when the ball when on the field. “Don’t hit it to me,” Pedro replies. “No, no, you can’t think that way,” says Lasorda, “what else are you thinking?” “Don’t hit it to Sax either.”

News reports had him in critical condition (ICU wing) in NY hospital.

Guy could hit -- also was known to party pretty heavily both during and after playing career.

always sad to see someone in such condition but lifestyle choices over the years may be coming home to roost here.

O.J. Simpson reportedly called 911 about a domestic dispute - of sorts, reportsCBS News Correspondent Julie Chen. 

Simpson and his girlfriend, Christie Prody, deny she was the object of a call Simpson made to the police emergency line asking for help finding her after an alleged drug binge.

"We have a problem here," Simpson was heard telling the 911 operator. "I'm trying to get a girl to go to rehab. ... She's been doing drugs for two days with Pedro Guerrero, who just got arrested for cocaine, and I'm trying to get her to leave her house and go into rehab right now."

105914.jpg

male voice: "October 10,1999 18:15 hours, complaint desk, position number 1."
Operator: "Where's your emergency?"
Simpson: "We have a problem here. I'm trying to get a girl to go to rehab..."
Operator: "Does anyone need rescue?"
Simpson: "She's been doing drugs for two days with Pedro Guerrero, who just got arrested for cocaine, and I'm trying to get her to leave her house and go into rehab right now."
Operator: "Is anyone hitting anyone right now?"
Simpson: "No, no. It's nothing like that."
Operator: "Does anyone have any weapons?"
Simpson: "No, no..."
Operator: "Does the girl need a rescue?"
Simpson: "No she doesn't need a rescue..."

-sounds of number being dialed-

Simpson: "Hello..."
Operator: "This is the police department."
Simpson: "She left and I don't know what to do about it. I'm frustrated...arrested for having 15 keys of cocaine recently. This girl has spent the last two days doing drugs with him. Me and a friend just came to say you're going into a rehab. She got mad. She just go into her car. She drives a Mercedes...she lives in the...now she's loaded out of her mind...driving around somewhere. I don't have her driver's license number but she needs to be stopped."
Operator: "What color is the Mustang?"
Simpson: "It's white with a black top."
Operator: "Is she black or white?"
Simpson: "She's a white girl."

-pause-

Simpson: "Okay thank you. I have to go to see if I can find her."

16 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

O.J. Simpson reportedly called 911 about a domestic dispute - of sorts, reportsCBS News Correspondent Julie Chen. 

Simpson and his girlfriend, Christie Prody, deny she was the object of a call Simpson made to the police emergency line asking for help finding her after an alleged drug binge.

"We have a problem here," Simpson was heard telling the 911 operator. "I'm trying to get a girl to go to rehab. ... She's been doing drugs for two days with Pedro Guerrero, who just got arrested for cocaine, and I'm trying to get her to leave her house and go into rehab right now."

105914.jpg

male voice: "October 10,1999 18:15 hours, complaint desk, position number 1."
Operator: "Where's your emergency?"
Simpson: "We have a problem here. I'm trying to get a girl to go to rehab..."
Operator: "Does anyone need rescue?"
Simpson: "She's been doing drugs for two days with Pedro Guerrero, who just got arrested for cocaine, and I'm trying to get her to leave her house and go into rehab right now."
Operator: "Is anyone hitting anyone right now?"
Simpson: "No, no. It's nothing like that."
Operator: "Does anyone have any weapons?"
Simpson: "No, no..."
Operator: "Does the girl need a rescue?"
Simpson: "No she doesn't need a rescue..."

-sounds of number being dialed-

Simpson: "Hello..."
Operator: "This is the police department."
Simpson: "She left and I don't know what to do about it. I'm frustrated...arrested for having 15 keys of cocaine recently. This girl has spent the last two days doing drugs with him. Me and a friend just came to say you're going into a rehab. She got mad. She just go into her car. She drives a Mercedes...she lives in the...now she's loaded out of her mind...driving around somewhere. I don't have her driver's license number but she needs to be stopped."
Operator: "What color is the Mustang?"
Simpson: "It's white with a black top."
Operator: "Is she black or white?"
Simpson: "She's a white girl."

-pause-

Simpson: "Okay thank you. I have to go to see if I can find her."

This OJ dude seems like a real good guy 

I seem to remember he got a big hit in the 81 WS against the Yankees, during the Series-clinching game 6 win. That was a big win for the Dodgers, as they had lost to the Yankees in 77-78. They lost the first two games in that series and then won the next four.

In fact, winning in 81 snapped a four World Series losing streak for the Dodgers. BAL in 66, OAK in 74, NYY in 77-78. It was the first Dodger WS win since the Koufax-Drysdale-Wills era. Most any baseball fan in the LA area remembers that series well. The Dodgers finally beat the egotistical Reggie Jackson by only allowing him 1 HR and 1 RBI in the series.

Of course, as a SoCal baseball fan, being rid of him only lasted till the next season.............when he signed with the Angels before the 82 season.

I NEVER liked the guy, even as an Angel. Probably my least favorite Angel of all time.