• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

iPhone 8 news

gotbeer

All these phones are looking the same again.  One company makes a difference, and everyone follows.  Galaxy will come out next year with more changes.  Then Apple will make more changes.  All the while, they will charge more and more.  One thing Apple just did for sure was open the door for everyone to start charging $1k for damn phones.

10 hours ago, Tank said:

yeah, all those bells and whistles are fun toys, but i can't justify dropping $1k on a single phone. 

and @red321, i'm with you on the fingerprint thing. 

Biggest problem I'm seeing right now.  Is that they are adding bells and whistles, yet they are taking away a lot of the bells and whistles that to me matter the most.  Simple shit, like being able to connect my headphones to a jack.  USB cards. 

21 hours ago, red321 said:

Most of us normal fingered people don't pay attention to that. 

Camera stuff I find intriguing. My current phone is on its last legs. Doesn't ring, camera won't focus, can only take on the phone via headset or Bluetooth. Too many drops I guess. Screen is in good shape though! 

Will have to take a deeper look. Maybe the camera upgrade is enough to intrigue me...I've skipped the last few upgrades. 

Do you have a 6 plus?

9 minutes ago, red321 said:

yep, turns out I'm eligible...well, there goes that excuse for getting a new phone. Thanks dick!

Haha! I was thinking about upgrading to the new one, but after hearing all about it I decided to take the phone in and get the camera fixed yesterday. I had some spider webs in the screen too so I got that replaced. All in all it feels like a new phone despite being 3 years old. Cost me ~$90 because they doubled the discount for the broken camera repair - by accident I assume. 

And the gouging begins.

Belkin and Mophie offer wireless charging pads for the new iPhones

The Boost Up will arrive first, hitting stores (including Apple's) on September 15th for $60.

For those that want wireless charging.  You can buy a quality Samsung qi charger for as little as $15.  But, in my experience of using a wireless charger for the last 4 years, the stand ones with mulitple coils are a better bet.  the Samsungs fast charge stand runs $30.  But off brands work just as well.  This one called Pleson only costs $19.  But really any will work.  Just make sure they have QI charging, and 2a. 

Just now, red321 said:

I still may decide to do it, I'm having other issues with the phone...maybe I'll see how it does with IOS 11.

Hardware, or software issues?  If it's software, like what I suggested Chuck do a while back, do a clean reinstall of the OS.  Just make sure everything is backed up.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, nate said:

Preordered my X.  $2300 for two phones... not sure how I feel about that.

One week left with my 6+, it is barely holding on.  The touch screen gains sentience sometimes and just clicks over and over, or sometimes it doesn't work at all.

dude...mine is doing the same thing...it's called touch screen itis...they swear it's a hardware issue but it just started after I upgraded to IOS11. If you slightly grab the top and bottom of the phone, and bend, it sometimes comes back.

I was going to order the X today (phone has other issues and I was planning to upgrade for months) but saw delivery was around mid December...think I'm going to go with the 8plus.

11 minutes ago, red321 said:

dude...mine is doing the same thing...it's called touch screen itis...they swear it's a hardware issue but it just started after I upgraded to IOS11. If you slightly grab the top and bottom of the phone, and bend, it sometimes comes back.

I was going to order the X today (phone has other issues and I was planning to upgrade for months) but saw delivery was around mid December...think I'm going to go with the 8plus.

Yea I stayed up til 2AM to make sure I got it at launch because mine has so many issues.  Touch Disease really sucks but the phone is 3 years old and it got dropped a few times because I have Trump hands.

2 minutes ago, nate said:

Yea I stayed up til 2AM to make sure I got it at launch because mine has so many issues.  Touch Disease really sucks but the phone is 3 years old and it got dropped a few times because I have Trump hands.

I had been going back and forth, I was really leaning towards the 8plus anyways, the facial recognition wow factor just wasn't enough to make me want to spend the extra $200...so when I saw the delivery timeframe it made the choice pretty easy...if I keep bending my phone it's gonna snap.