• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

iPhone 8 news

gotbeer

Apple Leak Reveals Massive, Expensive New iPhone

If true, this would be a weird move. 

Nikkei, the world’s largest financial newspaper, has reported that Apple will launch three configurations of iPhone in 2017. Two of these are expected to be incremental updates on the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus (with iPhone 7S and iPhone 7S Plus branding), and an iPhone 8 with an all new OLED display measuring a massive 5.8-inches.

So maybe the 7s around the Galaxy S8 launch time.  Then the 8 more towards christmas?

Again this ties in with a recent report from KGI Securities’ Ming-Chi Kuo that this flagship model will cost in excess of $1,000.

This will be the test.  If they can still sell well at this price point, I think Samsung will follow suit.  You might really start seeing four tiers of phones.  Apple/Samsung $1000+, LG/HTC/Pixel etc $6-700, then the $400 and under phones. 

On 3/7/2017 at 9:23 PM, Tank said:

I find it difficult to pay $300 for a phone. A grand is out of the question.

1k is unsubsidized.  Subsidized would probably be around $500, but now they do everything in interest free payments over 18/24 months.  Still quite a bit to pay, I doubt the article is accurate.

I also don't see Apple going any bigger on the plus.

Did you see that there is going to be a Galaxy S8+, and no word on a new Galaxy Note?  Seems they are moving away from the Note after it became the preferred weapon of terrorists.

7 minutes ago, nate said:

1k is unsubsidized.  Subsidized would probably be around $500, but now they do everything in interest free payments over 18/24 months.  Still quite a bit to pay, I doubt the article is accurate.

Did you see that there is going to be a Galaxy S8+, and no word on a new Galaxy Note?  Seems they are moving away from the Note after it became the preferred weapon of terrorists.

Galaxy s8 is going to be a sticker shock also.  Some English company that sells phones and has been reliable in the past had the s8 at (I calculated the exchange rate) around $900.  It's probably going to be closer to 800 due to exchange rate is pretty high for the US right now.  In any case, probably going to see a $100 bump.

And from all indications, they are going to come out with a Note.  The thing with both Galaxy s8's is they are thinner and longer than the s7's.  It seems to be the trend with phones right now.  But looking at the pictures below.  It does seem like the size of the note. 

samsung-galaxy-s8-and-s8-plus-size-compa

2Q==

2 hours ago, nate said:

yeah, we'll have to see what the subsidized rates look like. It'd be helpful if they'd give you some kind of trade-in for your old phone. 

at the rate that phone sizes are increasing it seems like the iphone 10 will be about the size of a current ipad. try fitting that in your pants pocket.

we haven't been able to get a trade-in from the apple store or from our carrier, AT&T, eve,r. we've simply recycled our phones to our daughter, who then proceeds to beat the crap out of them through what i assume must be some kind of world record for watching stuff on a phone screen.

Maybe i need to move to the dairy state.

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Tank said:

That's a stupid name. 

The more I think about it.  Might be a brilliant move by Apple.

We already know they have the iPhone.  Which comes in two varieties.  So what if Apple comes out with the iPhone 7s and 7s+ a the $600-700 pricepoint.  And also come out with a new line of deluxe phones for now called the iPhone Edition for $1000+.  This actually makes sense since they are saying the 7s' are supposed to come out this year in addition to the 10th anniversary one. 

But I do agree.  Name does sound stupid.  At least call it the iPhone X Edition. 

• 3 months later...

Apple Has an iPhone 8 Problem

But the problem to me, isn't the bad thing.  The bigger issue was at the end of the article.

One more thing...Apple announced this week that it's building a data center in China. The move will allow it to comply with a new Chinese law that requires all foreign companies wanting to do business there to open data centers in the country so they can store user data there.

These reports come out every year and they are always false re: delays.

The lead architect of Siri is a good friend of mine, seems like Apple wants Siri to be everything and haven't spent the time making it quality first.

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, red321 said:

Must say I was underwhelmed with iPhone announcement today. A lot of hype for talking shit emoji and a facial recognition that I probably won't use as the same reason I don't use fingerprint id (police access). 

Biggest thing is the form factor.  5.8 inch screen in a smaller package than the plus.  Good for those of us with short fingers.

all-with-screen-on.jpg

Edited by nate

Most of us normal fingered people don't pay attention to that. 

Camera stuff I find intriguing. My current phone is on its last legs. Doesn't ring, camera won't focus, can only take on the phone via headset or Bluetooth. Too many drops I guess. Screen is in good shape though! 

Will have to take a deeper look. Maybe the camera upgrade is enough to intrigue me...I've skipped the last few upgrades. 

Apple unveils new iPhone 8, iPhone X

The new iPhones are getting big camera upgrades as well. The iPhone 8 and 8 Plus will have a 12 MP camera, with deeper pixels and a new color filter. Schiller said the iPhone 8 is the first smartphone designed for augmented reality, highlighted by new chips inside the phone, including the A11 Bionic and ARKit, Apple's AR platform.