• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Random A-holes

Taylor

Has anyone encountered any random a-holes lately? I've encountered two in the last 24 hours. Yesterday, my wife and I ate at IHOP for lunch (I know, I know...), and as we were leaving, the manager was verbally berating one of the hostesses because she was trying to use a coupon on a split check or something. The dude was being a total ass, and in front of several customers. We felt so bad for the hostess. If it's really that big of a deal, have a private conversation with her later. Don't shame her in front of a bunch of customers.

Today, I stopped by a Circle K, and the guy in line in front of me called the cashier a "f***ing bitch" (rather loudly) because she put his change on the counter instead of handing it directly to him. WTF? I honestly don't understand how could be so douchey to a total stranger. 

I have seen a couple of instances of this. One woman in line at a grocery store was making fun of a couple's surname (Native American name, and it was a bit unusual). Another woman, in a neighborhood with high HOA fees and a lot of parks and such was berating another woman in line, telling her that she was just coming there to take advantage of things without paying for them (how she had any idea where this woman lived is anyone's guess).

54 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

It's the entitlement world we live in.  There is no common courtesy or respect for others.  Please and Thank You's used to follow any request, and I hardly hear it anymore. 

It's in times like this that I am thankful that I was raised in the South. Courtesy is (or was) a cultural thing, and it is something that I have always done without thinking about it.

2 hours ago, Tank said:

Driving on any road or freeway today and you'll encounter scores of a-holes. Being considerate has disappeared from people's everyday way of living. The milk of human kindness has almost dried up.

Colorado is even worse than California when it comes to a-hole drivers. People tailgate like crazy here and are not shy about using their horns.

Maybe it's because I'm close to the Pheonix (Arizona State University college douchebags) area, but for some reason more recently it seems people have been installing aftermarket exhausts on their cars or on their motorcycles to make them UNBEARABLY loud. Like, ear shattering loud. And I know this used to be a thing back in the 90's/early 00's, then it seemed to kind of fade to only the loser Honda piece of crap rice rocket crowd, but now it seems to be back. They peel out or haul ass off the line and it can be heard from a frickin' mile away. I live in a nice neighborhood that's typically quiet, and I STILL have to deal with hearing this crap. Why are people such assholes that they think it's cool to drive around in the middle of the night, or in general, with these obnoxious exhaust systems?

Not to mention 99% of them sound like complete garbage. It's not like you're driving a Ferrari or Lamborghini asshat!

Why the HELL is this legal? There should be a $500 fine for disturbing the peace, and just in general being a shitty human being. 

6 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

Maybe it's because I'm close to the Pheonix (Arizona State University college douchebags) area, but for some reason more recently it seems people have been installing aftermarket exhausts on their cars or on their motorcycles to make them UNBEARABLY loud. Like, ear shattering loud. And I know this used to be a thing back in the 90's/early 00's, then it seemed to kind of fade to only the loser Honda piece of crap rice rocket crowd, but now it seems to be back. They peel out or haul ass off the line and it can be heard from a frickin' mile away. I live in a nice neighborhood that's typically quiet, and I STILL have to deal with hearing this crap. Why are people such assholes that they think it's cool to drive around in the middle of the night, or in general, with these obnoxious exhaust systems?

Not to mention 99% of them sound like complete garbage. It's not like you're driving a Ferrari or Lamborghini asshat!

Why the HELL is this legal? There should be a $500 fine for disturbing the peace, and just in general being a shitty human being. 

I also like the people who have added a huge bass speaker to some underpowered piece of crap sound system who believe that it's cool to rattle the windows of every car at the stop light with their distorted music.

On the 405 recently in the mid-afternoon, guy on a revved up cycle speeds right past my driver's side window in the same lane, no more than two feet away, with a deafening roar and scaring the living crap out of me. Then he speeds off at about 90 mph crossing lanes.

That's the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread. A variation of that (which I see often) is traffic is moving at 70 mph in light conditions and the motorcyclist is speeding in the carpool lane at 100+, again with a deafening roar which you can still hear when he's a half-mile up the road. Do those guys go deaf from that or is it just the rest of us?

I have been reading the Triumph Spitfire forums and a guy starts a thread about the right type of exhaust to use. The comments range he from personal experiences and most say the stock exhaust is great, some of the after markets start off loud and get worse quickly and should be avoided. 

Then this guy post he tries to make his as loud as possible because he thinks it's cool. He got a response that a 80 horsepower car with a loud exhaust is like deep throated poodle that won't stop barking. No one likes it but the owner. 

43 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

I'm not sure if it's aftermarket, or part of standard packages now.  My aunt bought a new Rav4, and her stock exhaust is considerably louder than any of the older cars.  The Maseratti across the street has a very loud exhaust package.  And it just sounds like the Dodge lines are really going for the loud exhausts.  I guess they are trying to make Dodges sound like they are badass machines instead of pieces of craps.  Of course the king of I have a small dick are Harley's.  Those things have always been louder than crap for no real reason except to say look at me.

4 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

I'm still pissed at the guy who keeps playing his radio in the gym locker room while he is showering.  How he thinks that is ok I have no idea.

Add the people who sing while listening to their music.

I was driving home one day on the 105 and I accidentally cut a guy off.  He then follows me for a few miles and passes me on the right honks his horn and flicks me off.  

There's a lot of angry people out there and also a lot of people who only care about themselves, others be damned.  A few weeks ago I went to a local bagel store and as I'm getting ready to leave I hear tires screech.  I look over and see a guy in a beaten up pickup who no joke pulled into some bushes as he's jumping out of his car.  He screams "what the **** is your problem" to a guy pulling up behind him.  The guy behind him seemed like he was mad too but not ready to fight mad.  His response was something like "I was backing up as you came around the corner and you almost hit me, calm down."  Luckily the guy who was screaming obscenities kind of backed off as I was expecting it to escalate when it first started but he still had to make sure that he was the tough guy ready to go there.

Less than two weeks ago my better half and I walked to dinner when we were house sitting for someone who lives a few miles away.  We had the walk sign twice at a major street and had we not waited to see if the cars coming up to red lights wanting to turn right were going to stop we had would have gotten ran over more than once.  One was a teen girl who didn't even California roll it she just blew through the red light and you could see her looking at her phone and not the road.  Another time two guys in a beater in their early 20's ended up stopping in the cross walk and they looked at us like we did something wrong.  My fiance wasn't happy and was staring at them while talking to me and I was expecting them to say something which maybe they did but they had the windows up. 

In moments like that even though I'm pissed off I just try to check myself because you always come across stories were someone doesn't and it never ends well.  Saw an article yesterday that on Saturday a road rage incident resulted in 4 guys getting in a fight, more than one of them got stabbed then when one of the cars sped off they ran some lady over who was in a cross walk.  This was at 5pm and the lady was probably just out for a walk trying to get exercise.  She survived but it just reinforces the fact that if you're going to say something to someone there's the possibility they'll take it to that next level. 

I was pumping gas the other day in Long Beach, and this man on the street about fifty feet away starts pounding on a car that some people he was with were climbing into. There were four people all together, and one of them was an elderly lady. They had all just emerged from a restaurant nearby. It took a little time to get the old lady into the car. This man was like a maniac, screaming at the top of his lungs, something about being cheated and not respected by the others. I'm thinking, time to call 911. They tried to get the car moving, but he stood in front of it and continued to scream and pound on the hood. Then he went around and started hitting the passenger windows, hard. The driver unbelievably rolled down his window and tried to reason with the man, whom he obviously knew. I almost yelled at him to get out of there. He finally drove away and the man started walking in my direction, still screaming and mad as hell. I made sure not to establish eye contact with him and left in a hurry before getting all my gas.

1 hour ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

In moments like that even though I'm pissed off I just try to check myself because you always come across stories were someone doesn't and it never ends well.  Saw an article yesterday that on Saturday a road rage incident resulted in 4 guys getting in a fight, more than one of them got stabbed then when one of the cars sped off they ran some lady over who was in a cross walk.  This was at 5pm and the lady was probably just out for a walk trying to get exercise.  She survived but it just reinforces the fact that if you're going to say something to someone there's the possibility they'll take it to that next level. 

I was coming home on 215 one afternoon. In Las Vegas, part of 215 is designated as part of the interstate system because all of the overpasses and interchanges are in, and the rest is designated as a county road because they are not. I was on the county road part and we were at a stop light. Two guys in front of me got out of their cars and started beating the crap out of each other. This went on for a minute or so, then they got back into their cars and drove off like nothing happened. They didn't even miss the light.

there are a lot a-holes on airplanes. there's always the guy who has to carry his suitcase on that doesn't quite fit in the overhead bin, or the clown that has to be up and in the aisle to get his stuff as soon as the plane touches down, or the people that can only dismiss from their row in order (which prevents speedier passengers behind them from moving on through). there are also multiple a-holes that don't know how to throw away their trash despite multiple times that the flight attendants walk up and down the aisles collecting trash. i've sat in the back many times on flights and upon disembarking, there's an unbelievable amount of trash in most rows.

people who listen to/watch videos on their phones in public places. i've been in the waiting room while my car was being serviced, the physical therapy place where my daughter was being treated, and at a couple of other places where people have their volume turned up so everyone can share the beauty of what they're watching or playing.

6 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I also like the people who have added a huge bass speaker to some underpowered piece of crap sound system who believe that it's cool to rattle the windows of every car at the stop light with their distorted music.

if they were playing Journey, Boston, or Billy Joel, i wouldn't mind nearly as much. Instead, they play pure crap.

I worked a couple of fast food jobs for 4 years from the time I left home when I was 16 until I joined the Marine Corps at 20. 

All I can say is that one of the worst places you can be an a-hole is at a drive-through. Be aware of what teenagers will do to your food if you're a shit. 

6 minutes ago, cezero said:

I worked a couple of fast food jobs for 4 years from the time I left home when I was 16 until I joined the Marine Corps at 20. 

All I can say is that one of the worst places you can be an a-hole is at a drive-through. Be aware of what teenagers will do to your food if you're a shit. 

Now that I'm an adult I feel terrible about this, but I worked at Wendy's when I was 16. Some dickless wonder in a corvette ordered food for he and his kids. I hand him his bags and he drops them... Fries spill all over his car. He starts yelling about his leather seats and how the grease would ruin them. I said something like "It was your fault bud. Be more careful when someone hands you a bag of food." 

He gets pissed. "Who's driving the vette and who's working at the God Damn Wendy's?" 

I said "Uhhh I'm sixteen, should I be a fucking banker? By the way, has your son told you he's gay yet?" 

He peeled out but not before throwing a burger at me. 

I have worse stories about what I did to their food when I heard them being shits over the intercom.

No spitting or anything like that. But I worked at Wendy's, too, so lots of using the chili meat drawer. And throwing an extra dollop of grease that has been sitting on the corner of the grill for a couple of hours for extra flavor.

I don't really feel that bad, either. 

1 minute ago, cezero said:

I have worse stories about what I did to their food when I heard them being shits over the intercom.

No spitting or anything like that. But I worked at Wendy's, too, so lots of using the chili meat drawer. And throwing an extra dollop of grease that has been sitting on the corner of he grill for a couple of hours for extra flavor.

I don't really feel that bad, either. 

We're like brothers!

One time this lady was taking forever to place her order. She was asking me tons of questions. This guy goes around her and straight up to the window. Black dude. He says "That bitch is taking all day. Just give me a double stack my brother." 

I told him I couldn't do that, that I wasn't finished with her order.

He pulls up his shirt. Pistol.

I said "I'm gonna give you two double stacks sir. On the house!"