• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Jered Weaver Appreciation Thread

AngelStew43

3 hours ago, Angels#1Fan said:

Jered Weaver gave everything he had as an Angel player..the dude left it all on the field when he pitched.

His contribution to Angels baseball is very appreciated by this Angel fan and I have to say the bashing he took from some here the last couple of years bothered me. All Weaver wanted to do was to give his very best effort every time he pitched and to win games for the Angels..he expected no less from himself.

So thanks for the memories Jered, you can now take your place in Angel lore as one of the great pitchers in franchise history.

Agreed.  It really got me too.  After everything he had done you would think there would have been more respect.  A lot of talk from people about how it sucks to pay for what aging players did as opposed to what they are going to do.  The guy gave us some of the best years of any pitcher the Angels have ever had.  Posted the second most wins in franchise history.  He took a hometown discount and was one player you could always say was 100% loyal to the Angels.  One of my favorite players to route for and the last couple years I was glad he was still pitching for us.  Got my Weaver jersey the week after he signed the contract and will continue to wear it proudly.

Thanks for many good years Weave.

Here's why Weaver is awesome....

After Lackey took the big contract and fled to Boston....he became hated. "Benedict Lackey"...and going to the Chowds? Boooooo

Flash forward to Weaver nearing his contract ending....and taking the "home town discount" to stay with the Angels. "How many millions does one need?"

He stayed...he battled...he yelled at Scioscia...he led. 

I'll always remember this image from KC....the door was closing...and he could do nothing about it.

Image result for jere weaver dugout in kansas city

Makes me almost want to go to Chavez Latrine April 3-6 as Los Doyers open vs. my 2nd favorite team - the Padres. Good Luck Weav... Image result for jered weaver writing on mound

Im a youngin so haven't seen many but Jered was the greatest pitcher i've ever seen in an Angel Uniform... He had everything the tenacity, the heart and the will to win. He's the type of ball player you want your kids to be. 

Being from Simi Valley i hope Jered comes home once he retires and maybe get involved in some coaching out here. 

On Saturday, February 18, 2017 at 0:45 PM, Oz27 said:

$3 million? Damn, Scott Boras is seriously good at his job.

Good luck to Jered, anyway.

His second half was better and had a strong September.  It's now being reported more teams outside of CA wanted weaver.  Looks like your evaluation of weaver is just different than professional GMS. 

10 minutes ago, Oz27 said:

Weaver was my favorite Angel in a long time (well, besides Trout). I didn't enjoy what happened last year, at all. It was painful to watch someone who had been so incredibly good decline to that point and I hope he can make things work in San Diego. But if someone is going to criticize me by saying something which isn't true, I don't think I need to ask your permission to respond to it.

You (or anyone else) don't need my permission to crap on Weaver in this thread...that's pretty obvious. Most however would recognize that this isn't the place for it, but you have a need to defend your honor and your stats which is what's most important, so it is what it is.

35 minutes ago, Angels#1Fan said:

You (or anyone else) don't need my permission to crap on Weaver in this thread...that's pretty obvious. Most however would recognize that this isn't the place for it, but you have a need to defend your honor and your stats which is what's most important, so it is what it is.

Whatever, this really isn't an argument worth having so I've deleted the post. I still don't think it's unreasonable to respond to something someone else decided to bring up but I'll let it go.

On a more important note, how has nobody mentioned/posted the greatest Weaver moment ever?

12 hours ago, Oz27 said:

Whatever, this really isn't an argument worth having so I've deleted the post. I still don't think it's unreasonable to respond to something someone else decided to bring up but I'll let it go.

On a more important note, how has nobody mentioned/posted the greatest Weaver moment ever?

Perfect throw by Mike Trout. 

I feel very fortunate to have watched Jered Weaver's entire career with the Angels as the ace of the pitching rotation.

I remember him when he was called up replacing his brother Jeff on the roster, his tenacity and his leadership throughout.

He had many great seasons 2011 & 2012 CYA contender years and a solid 2014 resulting in the postseason.

I can still visualize his pickoff move in Game 1 of the 2014 ALDS ( best that I have ever seen trying to control the KC running game ).

Sad to not be seeing him as an Angel in 2017 but I will catch him on the Padres as # 27 which proves that he will always in his heart be an Angel.  

17 hours ago, Angels#1Fan said:

Makes me laugh every time I see it..classic!

Same.

I wonder if he beat some ass when he got back to the dugout. Aybar was on the team when this happened right? I wouldn't put it past him throwing the water bottle at Weave.