• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I hate to admit it, but the Duck just may be right!

Last year Angel Duck predicted that Scioscia would be fired or resigned by All Star break.  I discounted his hatred as dilusional.  However, with how bad things are looking the guy just might end up being right. 

Personally I do not think Scioscia is to blame for this fiasco.  The team's bull pen still sucks, the starting pitching sucks and our depth sucks.  I don't think anyone would seriously do a better  job.  Yes, I know Scioscia haters will flame on this comment. 

However, that being said, you can't fire 25 guys.  The manager is usually the guy who is sacrificed.  And for the Angels, things can not really get much worse.  they have hit rock bottom.  I don't think Arte will fire Scioscia before the year's out, but I would not be surprised a buy out negotiation would begin.  I can also see Scioscia resigning on his own desire.  As this team is a long ways from being contenders again and Sciocia would be very sought after by other major league teams. 

I also think Dipoto's job is in jeopardy.  Like Scioscia I don't blame him on the mess.  He has had little to work with in rebuilding the mess that Reagins created. 

I will say this, for those who will have joy when Sosh is fired, be careful what you ask for. The replacement just might be worse.  I was thrilled when Stoneman resigned, and we ended up getting Reagins. 

True, but how many managers go beyond 15 years with the same team?

I can only name five of the top of my head.    Mack, McGraw, Cox, Alston, and Lasorda

Scioscia is now in his 14th season.

A new manager might freshen up the team's approach, like it did when Hacker was replaced.   

It is true that this really escalated when Arte Moreno hired Reagins, who was almost a total flop as GM. 

I'm surprised he even got Hunter signed. 

True, but how many managers go beyond 15 years with the same team?

I can only name five of the top of my head.    Mack, McGraw, Cox, Alston, and Lasorda

Scioscia is now in his 14th season.

A new manager might freshen up the team's approach, like it did when Hacker was replaced.   

It is true that this really escalated when Arte Moreno hired Reagins, who was almost a total flop as GM. 

I'm surprised he even got Hunter signed. 

So, if we had a winning record the 15 year tenure argument would be moot?

Another loss today, resulting in a sweep...and something has to happen. Some jobs are hanging by a thread right now.

Given Arte's stubbornness I think it might take the Angels landing in the cellar, which could happen as soon as the upcoming home series against Baltimore.

Given Arte's stubbornness I think it might take the Angels landing in the cellar, which could happen as soon as the upcoming home series against Baltimore.

How embarrassing must it be for Arte, to have spent so much money and the team performs like garbage.

I disagree with AO's premise about a manager losing his effectiveness over time as it relates to the Angels.  I could see if he was an in your face kind of manager, like most here would like to see (myself included), but Scioscia isn't like that.  I could also see if the team was built from within and all of the players had been playing for him for years and years, but that isn't the case.  Think about the players that aren't performing as well as we would like or that aren't living up to their perceived potential.  Albert has been here for a year, he is hurt, I doubt he has grown tired of Scioscia.  Trout, he isn't hitting or fielding like he did last year, that isn't really on Scioscia and he hasn't been here so long that he is ignoring Scioscia.  Hamilton, I highly doubt Hamilton has grown tired of Scioscia in a couple of months.  The pitching staff is basically all brand new.  With today's version of MLB with free agency the turnover of rosters doesn't allow for players to really get sick of a message.

With all of that being said, I believe it is time for a change, but really this isn't on Scioscia.  I highly doubt any manager could take this bullpen and make them into a healthy well oiled machine.  Like many of you I prefer a guy that is a little more animated (which wouldn't be hard to do considering Scioscia is the most stoic coach I have ever seen).  I will say this though, a new manager will not help this team this year, and even if the results are better, it doesn't mean much because it takes more than four plus months to change an organizational philosophy, which is what I think we would all like to see. 

I don't blame it completely on Scioscia but he's part of the problem not part of the solution.

This isn't the first time the team has had a bad April or underperformed and this has been an ongoing problem.

When you have a team that's bad on every level you have to put some of that on the manager and coaching staff.  It's their job to get the most of these guys and when is the last time anyone on the team has performed better than expected?

And again it's not all on him but we're not so bad we should be in a dog fight to beat out the Astros for last place.

Teams need a new voice eventually. It happens all across sports. This team absolutely needs a new voice, without a doubt. And I'm a Scioscia fan apologist. But somebody needs to go and we can't just trade our players to fix this. 

Fixed.  If this board has taught us anything, it's that there are only Scioscia haters and Scioscia apologists.  I am an SA, long live The Big Catorce. 

I don't blame it completely on Scioscia but he's part of the problem not part of the solution.

This isn't the first time the team has had a bad April or underperformed and this has been an ongoing problem.

When you have a team that's bad on every level you have to put some of that on the manager and coaching staff.  It's their job to get the most of these guys and when is the last time anyone on the team has performed better than expected?

And again it's not all on him but we're not so bad we should be in a dog fight to beat out the Astros for last place.

Ongoing problem?