• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Christmas presents

Tank

well, how'd you make out yesterday?

brother came through in a big way. got me a signed Johnny Bench bat ("1970 MVP, #1/5"), a signed Bench statue, and an authentic Drew Doughty WHC Canada jersey that actually fits now. We got my daughter an apple watch and she was blown away. spent several hours playing with and programming it.

gave my wife the good news about our upcoming trip to maui. bought some hawaii-type things at a party store, like a lei, some umbrellas for tropical drinks, a coconut mug, etc., then placed them in a box in three layers. She had to go through the layers one at a time, and on the bottom was the envelope with the hotel vouchers and a brochure about the resort. She looked at me with the most puzzled look and then i told her than i had won the raffle and she broke out in tears, then came over and gave me a long, huge hug. It was a great moment! I managed to keep this secret from my entire family for three weeks. My brother, after hearing that it's for 5 days, said "no one wants to go for only 5 days, so tell me how many more you want to be there and you can use my time share." Score! I'm thinking we'll stay another 5 days or so. Told her that Kapalua is nearby, where the PGA holds it's opening event for the year, and she said "You HAVE to play there. It's Kapalua!"

i heart my wife.

I'm posting on my new tablet. I'm going to try and replace my laptop with this at work to pack lighter and maybe use the train more often. It's just a simple tablet, not one of the computer hybrids like the Surface but I really don't use my laptop for more than email at work.

11 hours ago, Blarg said:

I'm posting on my new tablet. I'm going to try and replace my laptop with this at work to pack lighter and maybe use the train more often. It's just a simple tablet, not one of the computer hybrids like the Surface but I really don't use my laptop for more than email at work.

The only thing about a tablet is that it is tedious to type. I'm usually on my tablet at night (outside for my evening cigar) and on my desktop most any other time.

My son's #1 on the wish list was Jabba's Lair. They don't make it anymore because apparently some civil rights group thought it was racist against muslims. So, we had to buy it on ebay, used...for $100. It was only missing one piece and fortunately I found the same piece in our giant box of legos from Christmas past. 

It's pretty dope though. He loves it. 

Wife picked me up a Mamiya C330. An old school medium format film camera. Unfortunately I think I might end up returning it. It's a beautiful camera that deserves to be used and I'm not sure I have it in me to dedicate the time required to shot film on a medium format camera. I still haven't finished working through photos from our trip to Europe last may.

22 hours ago, Adam said:

My son's #1 on the wish list was Jabba's Lair. They don't make it anymore because apparently some civil rights group thought it was racist against muslims. So, we had to buy it on ebay, used...for $100. It was only missing one piece and fortunately I found the same piece in our giant box of legos from Christmas past. 

It's pretty dope though. He loves it. 

Pretty cool that you already had the desecrated Koran piece.