• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels trade Jett bandy to Brewers (Source)

HaloCory22

On 12/15/2016 at 9:11 AM, CALZONE said:

Today's pitchers have been pussified. The days Koufax and Ryan are gone forever. The game has changed so much that it's very rare that you see starters go nine innings anymore. What's really surprising is all the TJ surgeries that are happening to pitchers that rarely throw around 100 pitches per game.  Iron Mike Marshall a relief pitcher for the Dodgers once pitched 206 innings of relief in one season and posted a 2.42 ERA. He complained about not getting enough work.

To be fair, pitchers today are also a far more expensive investment. its not so much worrying about their pain, as much as blowing their arm out and being out tens of millions of dollars

5 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

To be fair, pitchers today are also a far more expensive investment. its not so much worrying about their pain, as much as blowing their arm out and being out tens of millions of dollars

Owners need to stop signing these guys to long term deals. Three year max deals with team options. Most of these high dollar long term deals for pitchers end up bad one way or another. 

54 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Claude hates anyone that doesn't produce at a level they are being paid for.   

Jason Heyward is a perfect example of why I'm against these guaranteed ludicrous contracts. I'm all for contracts filled with huge incentives. You just have to earn them. You look at ARod and Albert, $26M - $30M for a DH? Really?

2 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I'll never understand why Calzone wants owners to make significantly more money than they already do. If Arte Moreno was on the Angels roster he'd be making twice as much as Pujols...

I'm good with owners making tons of money but they should make sure their baseball venue is nice for the fans at their own expense. Additionally I don't care for revenue sharing. F all the teams like the Rays, let em fold.  

21 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

Jason Heyward is a perfect example of why I'm against these guaranteed ludicrous contracts. I'm all for contracts filled with huge incentives. You just have to earn them. You look at ARod and Albert, $26M - $30M for a DH? Really?

Then you hate Major League Baseball.  

1 hour ago, CALZONE said:

I'm good with owners making tons of money but they should make sure their baseball venue is nice for the fans at their own expense. Additionally I don't care for revenue sharing. F all the teams like the Rays, let em fold.  

CALZONE... You Just Made The List!!!

IMG_0341.JPG

5 hours ago, CALZONE said:

take that attitude about revenue sharing and apply it to the nfl.

bye bye, green bay packers

bye bye, buffalo bills

bye bye, oakland raiders...oh wait. anyway you should get the point.

revenue sharing is for the health of the league. guaranteed contracts, public stadium financing, consumer price gouging; all those things i agree with you.

the yankees paid 90mil in revenue sharing this year.  Imagine if they could put that into player salaries, and development.  You'd basically have 4 or 5 teams ruling the roost.  You might get a WS victor outside of those team 1 out of every 10 years.  Fan support for the sport in general would tank to the point that even those 5 teams would feel it in their pocket books .