• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Exercise Bike Recommendations

Adam

17 minutes ago, Adam said:

I went to a fitness equipment store in Laguna Niguel. Tried a bunch out. Bought the one I liked on Amazon for $300 lower than what the store wanted. 

what kind did you get? 

i bought a pair of roller blades, and once i get some pads for safety, i plan to start skating. not sure how my knees will hold up, but this is my beginning process so i can return to playing ice hockey. don't want to go out on the ice and look like a dork.

55 minutes ago, #CF8 said:

Ever try a rower?

black-d-male-finish.jpg

this is my shit.

i have so many options to workout that don't need a gym membership, but am thinking of getting one just to be able to have access to this. i don't want to buy one yet.

throw in some pre-workout and hit this thing like a beast. i used to burn so many calories and really ramp up my endurance with this thing.

HIIT on the erg is great. Just do 20 mins and you're good to go: 1 min balls to the wall, 1 min of breathing.

In college bunch of my buddies were on the crew team so I would workout with them. They have crazy endurance.

One challenge we did all the time was Dirty Dozens. You do it with a partner or by yourself.

12x500m, balls to the wall. Your rest is the time it takes the other guy to do his 500m, usually about 1:30-2min. Or just do it alone and rest for 1min. I tend to aim for 1:45 split but it's brutal hard to maintain after the first minute or so. Awesome workout.

going real max for 10 minutes in a 20-minute session would be killer. by the time i got to the 10th interval, my max would be about 1/4 as fast as it was on the 1st interval. 

i do HIIT twice a week, and do 30 seconds max, 30 seconds medium for 10 minutes. i just do it with running. not sure i'd want to try it with a rower. i'd hurt myself, probably. 

16 minutes ago, cezero said:

going real max for 10 minutes in a 20-minute session would be killer. by the time i got to the 10th interval, my max would be about 1/4 as fast as it was on the 1st interval. 

i do HIIT twice a week, and do 30 seconds max, 30 seconds medium for 10 minutes. i just do it with running. not sure i'd want to try it with a rower. i'd hurt myself, probably. 

That's why the dirty dozen is even that much more brutal - you go max for 1:45-2min each iteration. Puking is always a possibly. ;) 1min on 1min off isn't so bad once you get used to it. But yeah the last iteration or two are tricky.

I like doing HIIT on a bike too, with 1min max, 1min medium like you mentioned. I can only do HIIT running outdoors, like run 8-19 blocks, walk 2 blocks, etc. If I try it on a treadmill I always feel like I'm gonna be the guy that takes a digger in the middle of the gym. I just suck at running in general and rarely do it, and my waist line it showing it lately.

The main thing in that minute off/medium for me is to focus on breathing, to get the heart rate back down and get that oxygen in there. 

i focus on breathing for the first few seconds of the max hoping that it keeps me from going anaerboic for maybe a couple more seconds, lol. 

then i jog rather than walk, and as you said, focus almost entirely on breathing before hitting max again.

i'm going to try switching to doing it on a bike because like i said, my joints aren't doing as great with running anymore. ;)

best workout summer i ever had was the summer i used a lifecycle stationary bike. really like their programs. my mom bought one for me for christmas one year and sadly, i didn't utilize it enough. ended up breaking something in it, too. it's gone now, but i wouldn't mind having another one.

looked in a peloton bike recently. i'm not in the financial stratosphere necessary for one of those.

• 1 year later...

Many people won't use the exercise equipment any more after buying. Many of them are used as clothes horse. So I advice you  to think about if you will do exercise after getting an indoor cycling bike. If so, just do it. For the one not so expensive and good enough for home use. You can see Harison B1850, my friend has bought one, and he said it is very value buy. Now this product are on sale, the price is cheaper than he bought. This is a interesting spin bike, the material, sound, sturdy, shape etc. are all OK. Besides, it has iPad holder, you can see movie when doing exercise. You can check this Harison B1850 indoor cycling bike on Amazon.

5b13af4bN335c758b.jpg

On 4/28/2017 at 10:59 AM, ABC said:

Ever try a rower?

black-d-male-finish.jpg

i got one of these last may, and it's the best fitness investment i've ever made

it's 2 pieces that store easily, even in my apartment

• 2 years later...

Hi, the lock down has made me added extra weight and i was thinking of burning calorie by exercising but i don't really know the best way. I have read couple of blogs on exercise bikes and think a spinning bikes is going to be a good option for me to achieve weight loss while building core muscles. However, i barely know what the device is and how i can pick a good unit. Pls, can anyone recommend any good brand products as a suggestions? 

5 hours ago, ericmoore said:

Hi, the lock down has made me added extra weight and i was thinking of burning calorie by exercising but i don't really know the best way. I have read couple of blogs on exercise bikes and think a spinning bikes is going to be a good option for me to achieve weight loss while building core muscles. However, i barely know what the device is and how i can pick a good unit. Pls, can anyone recommend any good brand products as a suggestions? 

Check out the fitness / weightloss thread. Theres a ton of advise on there. Its in this hangout forum.

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...