• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Would it be so terrible to sell?

Trying to think logically here. It would not have to be a full rebuild, but more of a quick 1-2 year retool. You could deal Howie, Aybar, Callaspo, Iannetta, Trumbo and Vargas, Frieri, CJ... That would net some serious prospect power close to

MLB ready.

You have Lindsey, Stamets, Romine, Harris, Jimenez, Yarbrough that could help in the infield at some point.

Would it be so far fetched?

Hamilton and Pujols are immovable. I don't care what the Dodgers just did.

Weaver and Wilson could be moved for some salary relief but not for excess value.

Aybar and Kendrick are valuable pieces but they are getting paid fairly. They could be moved but the question remains whether or not there is a team out there desperate enough to give up something valuable for either of them. Iannetta wits into this group as well.

The real value we have is in Bourjos, Trumbo and Trout. Those are the guys that can be moved for significant value down the road. A trade of Trout though, likely doesn't bring back enough to justify it. If we keep him though, he is going to get expensive very quickly and will likely fall into the Hamilton / Pujols category by the time a rebuild bears any fruit.

If we opt to keep our valuable pieces then we really aren't rebuilding all that much.

I wish the old board was still up so that I could bump the thread I created back about 6 hours before the Angels announced they had signed Hamilton.  I got absolutely eviscerated in that thread for the mere suggestion.

Now?  Looks like opinions are turning around...

Trying to think logically here. It would not have to be a full rebuild, but more of a quick 1-2 year retool. You could deal Howie, Aybar, Callaspo, Iannetta, Trumbo and Vargas, Frieri, CJ... That would net some serious prospect power close to

MLB ready.

You have Lindsey, Stamets, Romine, Harris, Jimenez, Yarbrough that could help in the infield at some point.

Would it be so far fetched?

Not really, I'd pull that trigger

The pitching is bad enough to warrant it, no question. They won't do it of course.

I wish the old board was still up so that I could bump the thread I created back about 6 hours before the Angels announced they had signed Hamilton.  I got absolutely eviscerated in that thread for the mere suggestion.

Now?  Looks like opinions are turning around...

It's been a reasonable play for the past 3 season. It made more sense back in 2010, but the alternative options are getting less and less attractive each year.

It really depends. What are we selling that is going to bring us excess value back? 

What players are we planning to build around, and when is the target window?

Let the Schuck era begin!