• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official MLB Hot Stove Thread (no Angels rumors or news here)

Docwaukee

I wonder how much Ross gets in the open market.

Not counting the one game he pitched last year, this is how his ERA in the last 2 years (approximately 400 innings) stack up to familiar names...

391IP   3.03 Ross
--------------------------------

437IP   3.32 Kluber
413IP   3.61 Archer
413IP   3.49 Hammels

Of course his ERA+ doesn't match up to those names because of Petco being factored in but I think it does not do him justice being an extreme ground ball pitcher that does not depend as much on park factors as others might. 

Seems a little weird still that the Pads would give up on him. 

Given their recent history with players and injuries, I'd stay far away from Ross. The Preller scandal, Pomeranz looking like garbage in Boston, Rea's immediate TJ after being dealt, not to mention Cashner's repeated health issues.

Let someone else overpay for him. We have paid enough arms to sit on the DL the last four years, and have plenty of other guys who already have health issues.

Jon Edwards and Jose Pirela were also cut by the Pads and would be worth looking at. Pirela is a former Yankee prospect with some good contact/OBP numbers in the minors, not too old, pretty versatile in the field. Edwards has had some filthy k/9 numbers in the minors and bigs. Other names that caught my eye include Seth Maness, Jeff Manship, Rubby De La Rosa, Welington Castillo, Ben Revere, Chris Withrow, Jeff Locke, and Vance Worley.

Yankees non-tendered Jacob Lindgren, a 23 year old lefty with a 14.3 K/9 in 53.2 minor league innings - he's only allowed 3 HRs in his pro career, but unfortunately they all came during his 7 IP stint with the Yankees this year. Big health concerns too 

Ryan Brett is a switch-hitting 2B from the Rays system who sports a good contact/OBP line in the minors. He missed '16 with Tommy John surgery, but has a career .289/.343/.421/.764 slash in the minors.

Zac Rosscup is an older lefty, 28, from the Cubs system who has a 2.64 ERA in 262 minor league innings and career 11 K/9 across majors and minors.

Connor Mullee is another former Yankee farmhand, 6'4" RHP who's also 28. Has a minor league career ERA of 2.00 over 162 IP, with a 1.03 WHIP and 9.1 K/9.

Ramon Cabrera is a switch-hitting catcher cut loose by the Reds. 27 with a bit of MLB experience, and a nice .287/.352/.381 minor league career slash with good defense.

Keyvius Sampson was non-tendered by the Reds as well, and I'm mentioning him simply because we are hoarding former Reds pitchers.