• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Say what you will about Bernie...

It's funny that despite clear evidence of deliberate misinformation in both instances that those on the left support the narrative deemed worthy for their support and the right supports the cause worthy of their support, believe the information that supports their point and discard the information that doesn't. And neither the two shall intertwine. 

4 hours ago, Thomas said:

It's funny that despite clear evidence of deliberate misinformation in both instances that those on the left support the narrative deemed worthy for their support and the right supports the cause worthy of their support, believe the information that supports their point and discard the information that doesn't. And neither the two shall intertwine. 

except for me

now if you'll excuse me, I need to go shine my halo

yes, that's what I'm calling it these days 

8 hours ago, Thomas said:

Are you suggesting that people are playing politics with this?  

How dare you, good sir.  How dare you!

16 hours ago, Lawrence said:

Who are their parents paying to take their tests while they're gone?

ha! I actually just realized that people are just saying they are at Standing Rock (on Facebook) to confuse the authorities arresting the actual protestors.

17 hours ago, Thomas said:

Except this isn't simply a left-right issue. It is more of a "will of the people" vs. "corporate profits" issue.

I think many of the opinions here are nuanced more than it appears.  There are a lot of good questions to be asked about the pipeline and about who is really running the protests.

The fact that there were three public hearings in that area regarding this pipeline where nobody voiced opposition says something.  Also, I get that oil wont last forever, but if we aren't using pipelines we are using trucks and trains.  Is that really any safer or less of an intrusion on the environment?  Is shutting down oil production good for the U.S.?  Perhaps, except until a true sustainable replacement is found we will still need it.  This means purchasing oil from the Middle-East, to regimes that oppress women, are trying to get nuclear weapons, murder gays and sponsor terrorism.

None are great choices but this isn't a left/right issue.  Its too bad that almost every issue is forced into that mold.

11 minutes ago, Glen said:

Obama says he's just gonna let this play out.  Fucking dick.  I'm sure if we weren't in an election year, much less a few days away from said election, he'd be singing a different tune.

Why?  Think how toxic the Keystone pipeline was and he dicked around with it for years.

But ultimately, once we were well away from an election, he gave it the kibosh.  

Edit to add: and, Keystone was a much bigger story from the start.  This is still not a big story, perhaps because of all the stuff going on with the election.

1 hour ago, Glen said:

Edit to add: and, Keystone was a much bigger story from the start.  This is still not a big story, perhaps because of all the stuff going on with the election.

Natives getting screwed has never been a big story. The biggest stories to come out about this is still when white people show up.

5 hours ago, Glen said:

Obama says he's just gonna let this play out.  Fucking dick.  I'm sure if we weren't in an election year, much less a few days away from said election, he'd be singing a different tune.

What exactly is the Presidents role in all of this?

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.colorlines.com/articles/160-water-protectors-injured-1-critically-nodapl-police-confrontation

"Twelve people are hospitalized for severe head injuries, reads a statement the Indigenous Environmental Network emailed to Colorlines. Two suffered from cardiac arrests with one unidentified elder in critical condition, reports Unicorn Riot. Four were treated for hypothermia after water cannons hit them during temperatures as low as 26 degrees Fahrenheit "

On 10/31/2016 at 2:18 PM, Kevin said:

The Native Americans were screwed over royally with treaties constantly being broken.

I will say though that Native Americans were no different than any other group of people in the history of mankind. They fought each other and did their fair share of land stealing themselves. Unfortunately human nature can be quite the bitch.

Exactly. people complain about american imerialism often, and cite the natives. it was a different world in a different time. yes, its sad what happened to them. but that was happening and would continue to happen all over the world.

• 1 month later...