• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cockroach at a restaurant

wopphil

Anyone have this happen? Went to dinner tonight at a well known restaurant in Orange circle. I won't say the name, as I don't want to put them down. After our meal, a roach came onto the top of the table. My daughter freaked, jumping onto the ledge of the booth and screaming. I was two IPAs in, so had some liquid courage going and made an attempt to kill it. I wasn't successful.

Manager eventually came over, very embarassed and apologizing profusely. I told him it wasn't a big deal. He said he would comp the whole meal. I told him he didn't need to. He did it anyway. 

Anyone have this happen before? How did the restaurant respond?  Did you ever go back?

The only time I had it happen was at an Italian place on Restaurant Row in the Broadway Theater district of NYC. We had our drinks, and ordered our dinner, when the busboy brought out the basket of bread. Standing on top was a big cockroach. He looked like something from a cartoon, standing up talking to us. I grabbed the waiter and pointed at my little dinner buddy. Before he could say anything, we got up, I winked at the waiter, and said thanks for the drinks. We left and got pretzels from a street vendor. 

Anyone who knows Restaurant row knows these places are stacked one after another, so they all must have roaches. From that point on, we always have dinner somewhere else either before or after going to a Broadway show

At the Knollwood in Tustin I got a chicken salad and a few bites in the roach crawls up out of the bottom to say hi. 

I take it back to the counter girl and she asks if I want another one?  "No, one roach is plenty." It took her a while to figure out what I said. Then she calls the manager over and I had to ask for a refund, it wasn't even offered, they wanted to give me a burger instead. So instead of tossed roach I could trade for a fried roach. 

Never went back. 

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

At the Knollwood in Tustin I got a chicken salad and a few bites in the roach crawls up out of the bottom to say hi. 

I take it back to the counter girl and she asks if I want another one?  "No, one roach is plenty." It took her a while to figure out what I said. Then she calls the manager over and I had to ask for a refund, it wasn't even offered, they wanted to give me a burger instead. So instead of tossed roach I could trade for a fried roach. 

Never went back. 

Never had a roach/bug. 

But was in Vegas.  Went to Mandalay Bay to their coffee shop or whatever the shit was.  Think it was roccos something.  I was hair of the dog drunk.  Should have had something alcohol.  But our Breakfast/Lunch comes out.  My buddy pulls a hair a good foot long out of his salad that wasn't from the dog.  Calls the waiter over.  He says do you want another one?  Buddy says no.

Never saw a manager.  never saw the waiter again till he dropped off the check.  Nothing comped.

And this isn't the worse to happen at Mandalay Bay for me.  Because I went to House of Blues many years prior.  Had to take a wiz since I was drinking all day.  Walked into the bathroom, and a guy was giving another guy a BJ in the middle of the bathroom.

Needless to say, won't be going to Mandalay Bay again.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Never had a roach/bug. 

But was in Vegas.  Went to Mandalay Bay to their coffee shop or whatever the shit was.  Think it was roccos something.  I was hair of the dog drunk.  Should have had something alcohol.  But our Breakfast/Lunch comes out.  My buddy pulls a hair a good foot long out of his salad that wasn't from the dog.  Calls the waiter over.  He says do you want another one?  Buddy says no.

Never saw a manager.  never saw the waiter again till he dropped off the check.  Nothing comped.

And this isn't the worse to happen at Mandalay Bay for me.  Because I went to House of Blues many years prior.  Had to take a wiz since I was drinking all day.  Walked into the bathroom, and a guy was giving another guy a BJ in the middle of the bathroom.

Needless to say, won't be going to Mandalay Bay again.

Last sentence was a last down. Thought the blower was gonna pull a long puberty out and ask for a refund or something.

I was at a bar in downtown Huntington a few years back. Felt someone kind of bump into me. Assumed it was like a chick walking past with her purse. Few seconds later I felt something sharp in my shoulder and and my shirt getting pulled....looked at my buddy and said "hey dude, is something..." his eyes get big, and he swats at my shoulder....it was a rat.

Manager was really appologetic. Not even sure how he knew because I didn't say anything about it. He offered a free meal...didn't really feel like eating. So he offered to comp my check. Think I killed a full bottle of Jack that night.

At my prior job, the 3 building complex had a cafeteria in the basement level. One morning when myself and a co-worker were getting breakfast, there was some commotion behind one of the food counters. When we asked one of the workers there what was going on, she told us that there was a rat running around.  Later when we were walking past the cafeteria during lunch (yeah, we weren't eating there), we saw some posters with the image below outside the cafeteria. Yeah, we laughed.

Image result for poster of dead rat symbol