• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Rangers 9/21 5:05

Robrock30

ANGELS_0.PNG
Angels 
Lineup 9/21
5:05 PST
LAA:Jered Weaver(R) (11-12, 5.17)
TEX:Derek Holland(L) (7-8, 4.93)

1. Yunel Escobar(R) 3B
2. Mike Trout(R) CF
3. Albert Pujols(R) DH
4. Andrelton Simmons(R) SS
5. Jefry Marte(R) LF
6. C.J. Cron(R) 1B
7. Gregorio Petit(R) 2B
8. Carlos Perez(R) C
9. Shane Robinson(R) RF

1. Carlos Gomez (R) CF
2. Nomar Mazara (L) LF
3. Carlos Beltran (S) RF
4. Adrian Beltre (R) DH
5. Rougned Odor (L) 2B
6. Jonathan Lucroy (R) C
7. Mitch Moreland (L) 1B
8. Elvis Andrus (R) SS
9. Jurickson Profar (S) 3B

Oracle,

I had suggested that the Angels acquire Carlos Gomez for LF at the ML pro-rated minimum when he was DFAed by the Astros and started a post on the subject.  

I will root for the Rangers or the Red Sox in the postseason as I have in previous years when the Angels are eliminated.

:dancing-with-joy-smiley-emoticon:

GO ANGELS!!! Go Jered Weaver!!!

GAME 152!!

Sure, Jered, you have a tougher lineup to navigate than Holland has, but you can get back to a personal .500 and maybe finish above it if you keep the ball in the park and the Angels in the game. Make a miracle at 85 mph!!! Maybe even 87 mph!!!!

Prevent a sweep in the Metroplex!!!

Come on, Albert!!! Don't give up now!! Get to 600, or as close as you can by 162.

Go Mike Trout!!! Keep it up for 10 more games and you'll join Mike Trout (2012) as the first two-time 10 WAR guy ever. You be at 10 WAR entering tonight.

Go Zero!!! Spark a rally or two. Relax, CJ, and take Holland to the woodshed for a change.

6 minutes ago, Oz27 said:

I'm normally not all that fussed by lineup construction, especially in a game which means nothing for us. But it's a little perplexing that Cron walks three times last night then gets bumped down to the sixth spot, even though it's against a left-handed starter.

And Simmons batting clean-up is just....odd.  I mean, why?  You have Cron and Marte with legit extrabase power.  

Cron hasn't been able to hit Holland well in a total of 13 ABs...that's like 3 starts...was it when Cron was struggling to hit in general when he faced Holland? 

Last time he faced him, on April 30th, he faced him twice - tripling off him and lining out:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/TEX/TEX201604300.shtml

I really hope that's not Mike's reasoning

5 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

Cron hasn't been able to hit Holland well in a total of 13 ABs...that's like 3 starts...was it when Cron was struggling to hit in general when he faced Holland? 

Last time he faced him, on April 30th, he faced him twice - tripling off him and lining out:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/TEX/TEX201604300.shtml

I really hope that's not Mike's reasoning

Yep. Surely that isn't the way an MLB manager is approaching it. It is small sample size noise which means absolutely nothing. The only time I would put any stock in one player's stats against an opposing pitcher would be if they had faced them a lot that year (40 PAs plus) and the numbers against them were extremely good or extremely bad. Even then I would be reluctant, but any sample size lower than that is meaningless.

Geez guys, Scioscia's got Simmons batting cleanup for a reason, he's sticking his most in your face controversial player right now in the most prominent position, kind of like "here, deal with this jerkoffs."  It has nothing to do with what should be done statistically, If he knocks in a few runs tonight, that will totally piss off the Rangers. 

1 hour ago, Robrock30 said:

Oracle,

I had suggested that the Angels acquire Carlos Gomez for LF at the ML pro-rated minimum when he was DFAed by the Astros and started a post on the subject.  

I will root for the Rangers or the Red Sox in the postseason as I have in previous years when the Angels are eliminated.

As an Angel fan, you should NEVER root for the Red Sux or STRangers under any circumstance.