• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Nate Smith - Another One Bites The Dust

John Smith

16 minutes ago, ukyah said:

i am great at parties, but that's something else entirely. you show me anywhere, other than your own mind, where "baseball fan reasoning" and "if it's not broke, why fix it" correlate and i'll acquiesce. 

you're just making shit up off the top of your head because it suits whatever you happen to be thinking at the moment.

it's actually your calling card.

People still use calling cards? 

17 hours ago, Oz27 said:

We had a really long run without serious pitcher arm injuries. Before Skaggs, Kelvim Escobar was the only significant one at the major league level in a really long time. How times change.

Yeah, just an unlucky year.  I'm sure a lot of research will be done to determine what is causing TJ surgeries.  A generation ago the big problem was rotator cuff tears and evidently teams have for the most part figured out how to avoid this.

When it rains it pours.  This is the Angels season with regards to pitching injuries. 

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

Obviously the problem is Mike Scioscia. Pitchers know that he's going to pull them too early and bring in some human shit tosser to hold their slim lead, so why should they bother working out as hard and taking care of themselves? Smith was on the cusp of being called up so he just got an early start.

The Angels never had this many arm injuries when Maddon was around. 

The pitchers never had any problem with Butcher.  It's all Nagy's fault.

16 minutes ago, California Cajun said:

Yeah, just an unlucky year.  I'm sure a lot of research will be done to determine what is causing TJ surgeries.  A generation ago the big problem was rotator cuff tears and evidently teams have for the most part figured out how to avoid this.

When it rains it pours.  This is the Angels season with regards to pitching injuries. 

I know some teams are working on some stuff to try to predict which pitchers will eventually need TJ surgery. It's far from an exact science but I wonder in the cases of Skaggs and Tropeano in particular if their clubs were willing to give them up in deals which seemed pretty friendly to us because they were concerned about their risk level. But yeah, I probably wouldn't be blaming anything we're doing. Scioscia is pretty conservative with his pitchers so it isn't like we have been working them into the ground. Baseball as a whole hasn't done anywhere near enough to get to the bottom of the UCL issue and we're just being bitten by that at the moment.

6 hours ago, Kevinb said:

Did I say someone must be blamed?

i said probably should evaluate training diet stretching etc. but sure 

"This seems like an organizational problem." Don't know what you intended but it sure sounds like you want to cast blame somewhere.

Well, hopefully Smith was just overworked, he did throw a lot of innings this year. The Angels have been really lucky avoiding the injury bug in the rotation so this was all overdue. Hopefully it will be a good thing that it happened all at once. 

And no, we aren't cursed. The Mets have been dealing with injuries with Wheeler, Harvey, Matz, deGrom all season long. The Rangers lost Darvish, Perez, Scheppers, Harrison, and Holland all around the same time a couple years back. 

The Astros could get hit next with Keuchel, McCullers, and McHugh and the entire west race would change dramatically.