• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rays To Release Desmond Jennings

John Smith

I'm guessing Denard Span will be on the market for cheap this year.  I'd like to bring him in for LF and leadoff.  That would allow the Angels to put Escobar in the 2-hole, Trout at 3 and Calhoun at 5.  It'd also make for a high quality OF.  It might even open up the possibility to trading Escobar in the offseason if they think Span can return to his old ways. 

1 hour ago, ScottyA_MWAH said:

I'm guessing Denard Span will be on the market for cheap this year.  I'd like to bring him in for LF and leadoff.  That would allow the Angels to put Escobar in the 2-hole, Trout at 3 and Calhoun at 5.  It'd also make for a high quality OF.  It might even open up the possibility to trading Escobar in the offseason if they think Span can return to his old ways. 

I agree that acquiring another leadoff-type hitter is high on priority list this offseason. We need someone who can slot in there if/when Escobar is dealt.

First reaction was heck no. He's been terrible the last two years, injured like crazy, lost a lot of speed. Then I noticed that even in those last two years, despite all the injuries and struggles and limited time, he's still posted decent positive WAR. 

I would take a flyer on him, but eyeing him more as a replacement over Shane Robinson than as a starting LF.

I feel we really need to shore up LF with something a lot less risky, even if it's not very awe-inspiring. Jon Jay, Rajai Davis, Angel Pagan type, at a minimum. 

early Coors Field sensation numbers can't be sustained over the long run and different venue.........

normally, I'd say 'take a flyer'  but here, I'd say 'stay away, NO Thanks."  that is, unless we need some OF depth at SLC particularly for games there, Colorado Springs and Albuquerque.