• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols playing through messed up legs - has plantar fasciitis again

Angels regular season record for the 777 team games played after we signed Albert Pujols is 405-372

Angels regular season record for the 777 team games played before we signed Albert Pujols is 439-338

My point is that signing Albert did nothing to help improve the franchise or get us any closer to a championship level. In fact, we got worse.

41 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

Angels regular season record for the 777 team games played after we signed Albert Pujols is 405-372

Angels regular season record for the 777 team games played before we signed Albert Pujols is 439-338

My point is that signing Albert did nothing to help improve the franchise or get us any closer to a championship level. In fact, we got worse.

The franchise went to crap when Sosh's Boy (Jeff Mathis) was traded.  

#2 Catcher drafted behind Joe Mauer.

"Best squat ever" ~ Mike Scioscia

1 hour ago, CALZONE said:

What was the team record in the 779 games since we have had Mike Trout vs. the 779 games before Mike Trout?

(779 games is roughly 5 years -  Before Trout = 457-322; after Trout 405-374.  I guess he doesn't help much either?  What a couple of rejects!)

7 hours ago, tomsred said:

What was the team record in the 779 games since we have had Mike Trout vs. the 779 games before Mike Trout?

(779 games is roughly 5 years -  Before Trout = 457-322; after Trout 405-374.  I guess he doesn't help much either?  What a couple of rejects!)

Mike Trout is a great baseball player. Albert was a great baseball player. We all know that. My point is that we are watching great individual performances by Trout. We are watching Pujols' individual home run milestone climb but we are not watching better Angels baseball as a team because they're are here. The 2002-2009 teams were much better and much more competitive. It's funny how people get blinded by individual performances, awards and milestones while ignoring the overall performance of the team. No playoffs again! This is not Troutwins.com or Pujolswins.com. It's Angelswin.com. I would trade both Trout and Pujols if it meant we were going to be consistently playing at a championship level for years to come. 

3 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

Mike Trout is a great baseball player. Albert was a great baseball player. We all know that. My point is that we are watching great individual performances by Trout. We are watching Pujols' individual home run milestone climb but we are not watching better Angels baseball as a team because they're are here. The 2002-2009 teams were much better and much more competitive. It's funny how people get blinded by individual performances, awards and milestones while ignoring the overall performance of the team. No playoffs again! This is not Troutwins.com or Pujolswins.com. It's Angelswin.com. I would trade both Trout and Pujols if it meant we were going to be consistently playing at a championship level for years to come. 

I would trade lots of unattainable hypotheticals for that too.

18 hours ago, CALZONE said:

Out of 777 games there is a grand total of 34 game difference.  Wow what a disaster!

12 hours ago, stormngt said:

Out of 777 games there is a grand total of 34 game difference.  Wow what a disaster!

Do the math. The 34 less wins makes a huge difference. If you divide those 34 games by 5 seasons and add them to the win column for each season Albert's been here we would've won division titles in 2012 and 2015. 

15 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

Do the math. The 34 less wins makes a huge difference. If you divide those 34 games by 5 seasons and add them to the win column for each season Albert's been here we would've won division titles in 2012 and 2015. 

tumblr_mvwu24Ma9j1qjiauvo3_250_zps62b8ad

I guess the easiest way to refute this is to say: Even if you argue that the money spent on Pujols could have been spent on other players, there is literally NO WAY of knowing whether those players would themselves be better than Pujols. 

8 minutes ago, ScruffytheJanitor said:

tumblr_mvwu24Ma9j1qjiauvo3_250_zps62b8ad

I guess the easiest way to refute this is to say: Even if you argue that the money spent on Pujols could have been spent on other players, there is literally NO WAY of knowing whether those players would themselves be better than Pujols. 

My point is that we have 34 less wins during the 777 game span with Pujols. We could've done that without Pujols.

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

The easiest way to dispute it is it has virtually nothing to do with Albert.  

The Angels haven't won a World Series since Alex Ochoa left.  

Albert was a huge investment and he was supposed to help make us better. He didn't and that's my argument. That money could've been rerouted to help improve the Angels minor league system or signed a real frontline franchise type Ace pitcher. We chose to sign an already declining legend. 

Placing blame on the player that signs the contract instead of the people who ran the organization into the ground is just childish.  The player had nothing to do with the farm, or the other parts of the roster or trades or international signings or injuries, but fuck that guy, he makes a lot of mount and since he was signed we haven't won.  

9 minutes ago, Stradling said:

It's a shitty argument.  

No it's not. This team has regressed since his arrival. I also believe that Arte panicked when Albert failed to help us quality for the playoffs in 2012 and caused the signing of Hamilton. 

If Albert couldn't help us from 2012-2016, I could only imagine what 2017-2021 will look like.

12 minutes ago, Stradling said:

It's Albert's fault we had Isringhausen, Enright and Hawkins in the pen.  Outside of the bullpen that was a pretty good team. 

Your memory is slipping. Albert's cost and fail caused a chain reaction of failed roster moves. Remember the thread.......We don't need to worry about pitching, we'll just outhit them.

1 hour ago, CALZONE said:

That doesn't matter, people like you will still say it's a failed season because they didn't win the world series.

24 minutes ago, Stradling said:

The team has regressed since Trout arrived.  Must be Trout's fault.  

Wrong! Mike Trout wasn't even in the conversation when Pujols was signed. Trout has actually helped Albert save face by hitting ahead of him. Trout is the team. Could you imagine an Angels team with just Pujols and no Trout. It would be like an expansion team.