• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Wrong email address

How many of you use your real name, or first initial + last name, as your e-mail address?

I swear, probably a third of my e-mail is intended for other people too stupid to get their own address correct.  This isn't spam, I get other people's work correspondence, AT&T bills, DirecTV bills, invitations to seminars, invitations to FBI training conferences, monthly renewals for storage units, and now, the best of all, an e-mail from the State of Illinois saying my CCW license has been approved. 

Given its size and all, I'm just happy my manhood is now licensed in Illinois.  I feel much better.

I had one of my friends friendship get destroyed from another friend because of that.  Apparently, their email address was something like JohnHDoe.  But the other friend sent it to JohnDoe.  I guess John Doe was upset at getting all these emails, so started responding in a very douche way.  My friend can have a douche attitude, and apparently the other friend believed it was him.  So they got into a one sided fight via email.  They pretty much didn't talk for years, until someone figured out what really happened.

happens to me all the time. there are people with similar names to mine that f*ck up their own email in both phoenix and atlanta.

the worst is the phoenix guy just got his realtor license, so one day i got 50 emails for realtor companies in phoenix trying to get him to join. sucked balls. 

the atlanta guy i get his medical stuff all the time.

wish i could contact either and tell them to stop being so f*cking stupid.

I dig this shit. I deal with so many customers and their emails. For the most part people have the general shit, Joe.Smith456@gmail.com, but every now and then I'll ask someone to confirm their email or ask for it and get something like bigbootyhoe@aol.com an while the name looks funny, I spend more time laughing at the fact they still use aol.

I forgot to mention the guy in Texas, same last name.  He went by his middle name, which is my first name.  Like the other goons, he was using my e-mail address as his own. 

Several years ago he was under investigation (and ultimately convicted) by the Feds for trafficking methamphetamine.  I'm sure the government was reading all of my e-mails for months or years prior before paying me a visit.  At least they were cool about it, said it was just a formality to double-check, and left me alone after that.

On 8/17/2016 at 10:30 PM, Tony said:

I dig this shit. I deal with so many customers and their emails. For the most part people have the general shit, Joe.Smith456@gmail.com, but every now and then I'll ask someone to confirm their email or ask for it and get something like bigbootyhoe@aol.com an while the name looks funny, I spend more time laughing at the fact they still use aol.

I find it amusing to look at email addresses on employment applications. Partygirl4U@yahoo.com doesn't strike me as someone who we can count on to consistently show up for work, especially after the weekend.

I don't get much erroneous email, but I did get negative feedback on eBay once for an auction I had nothing to do with. The seller who stiffed this guy had a similar user name.

18 hours ago, Taylor said:

Apparently, I have a kid in elementary school. I got emails from his/her first grade teacher all last year, and this year, I got one from his/her second grade teacher.

You gotta reply with something like, "Well, we decided Peter was going to be on his own this year. He can handle himself."

19 hours ago, Taylor said:

Apparently, I have a kid in elementary school. I got emails from his/her first grade teacher all last year, and this year, I got one from his/her second grade teacher.

Just respond.  What can I say.  My kid is a dumbshit.  It takes after it's mother. 

Then get out the popcorn.

On 8/19/2016 at 0:53 AM, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I find it amusing to look at email addresses on employment applications. Partygirl4U@yahoo.com doesn't strike me as someone who we can count on to consistently show up for work, especially after the weekend.

Yeah, that's just dumb.

I got lucky enough to get firstname_lastname@yahoo.com

That's the email I use for any resume or any professional kind of communication that's needed.

A couple of articles that I have read about successful job searches have mentioned the use of a professional-sounding e-mail address, even if it is only used for job applications or professional contacts. Probably not a good idea to have 420Stoner@aol.com as your e-mail address for a job in law enforcement.