• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mark Teixeira to retire today

NJHalo

6 hours ago, SoToSpeaks said:

For all the bitching done here about players that got away, that guy definitely did not live up to the big contract.  The decline was strong in him.   That's one case where thankfully the player got away.  

Tremendous Angel for 6 weeks or whatever.  Very so so Yankee.  Had he been better, Arod really would have taken the heat for being so piss poor the last few years. 

He was worth 20 wins over his eight seasons as a Yankee, which isn't that bad a return at all. It works out to $9 million per WAR, which isn't that far off the market rate.

The Yankees paid him 21 more million than what the Angels offered.  I can't really blame him for leaving for an organization like the Yankees where he was the first baseman following guys like Gehrig, Mattingly, Mantle, Martinez, Giambi etc.  He won a championship which he wouldn't have been able to do if he had stayed with the Angels so props to him for making the right decision and being paid more to boot.  The Angels wouldn't have Pujols if he had signed here though so he's a bastard in that sense and I'll always hate him for that haha.

10 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

The issue was that he made a big deal about saying how much he wanted to stay, then immediately started courting the Yankees.

Yeah, i hear that. But to me, at the end of the day....20 million talks. People said "whats 20 million when youre making that much already". Its still a ton of money. And figure he won a ring right after going there...hate to say it, but he made the right choice

16 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Teixeira's OPS+ with NY: 120

Pujols' OPS+ with LAA: 122

So thats a stat Pujols has done better on, Those numbers on Pujols will continue to go down as he's still got plenty of years left on his contract while Teixeira will be retired at the end of the season. Yankees got .826 OPS out of him + Great defense & a WS ring & the fact he will retire this year instead of playing till he's 40.

Not a big Tex fan --  he's not a HOF'er by any means.

went for the money and said so up front -- that's ok -- but we don't have to like it.

didn't like the way he acted like a short timer in Anaheim from day one after the trade.

I still think the deadline deal made sense for the Halos even knowing that Tex was clearly a rental and not about to sign here.

He did play well for us and I was pleasantly surprised at how good he was defensively at first base.