• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

New Neighbors. Etiquette questions.

So the house across the street was sold and a new family has moved in. From what I can tell we are looking at a Mexican dude and white chick with kids around my kids' ages.

Do we introduce ourselves directly by knocking on the door and talking to them? Do we wait to do it naturally (when I need to borrow a ratchet set or something)?

Do I tell them their neighbor's son in the adjacent house has a nazi flag hanging in his room? Do I point out where the Muslims live? 

How do you typically deal with new neighbors?

The night we moved into our house I'm in the driveway and this old lady is running frantically toward me waiving her arms and screaming.

"Help! Help! Help meeeeeeeeeee!"

Her 65 year old husband was trapped under a water heater. Dude thought he was 24 or something and tried to lift it. I saved his life.

havent talked to them since either. Love those people

17 minutes ago, Sully151 said:

When we first moved into our house, all of the neighbors came over house by house and introduced themselves. Some even brought cookies.

A year later we made a "No on 8" Jack o lantern.

We don't get invited to the cool kid neighborhood parties anymore. 

So this year will you have a shrieking Hillary pumpkin or a You're Fired Trump pumpkin?

5 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

So this year will you have a shrieking Hillary pumpkin or a You're Fired Trump pumpkin?

Nah, maybe just a burnt out pumpkin with the words "feel the" on it.

We only did the original because 5 of the houses in the col de sac had Pro 8 signs in their yards which totally offended our gay neighbors who wanted to get married. 

We have lived in our house for 7 months now.  When we first moved in we had one neighbor come by but that's it.  Now it feels awkward to try and get to know anyone.  I always smile and wave at my neighbors when I am outside but I don't know anyone's name.  Even forgot the name of the one lady that introduced herself.

2 minutes ago, calscuf said:

We moved in right around Christmas and the Mormon family carolled us.  Mom, dad, 3 high school aged kids.  It was super awkward and now if I see them in the front yard when I'm leaving, I just wait until they go inside.  

Also, the nice old Armenian lady next door had a party around that same time and invited us but I thought it was just a Christmas party.  I don't really like people but my wife convinces me to make an appearance.  We stuck around for maybe 15 minutes and then made up some excuse and bailed.  Turned out it was a "welcome to the neighborhood" party for us.  Haven't really talked to most of the neighbors since then.

I'm a bit disappointed in this post. Anti-climatic.

I live in an area where everyone knows everyone, and even going to the grocery store or post office is a social event. The hardware store for a roll of duct tape can take over a hour. We spend more time shooting the shit with neighbors than anything else. If someone doesn't wave when they drive by, they are probably visiting from out of town.

Approach a crosswalk in town on foot and cars actually stop. We have music (rock, country, bluegrass) in the park every Fri and Sat night in the summer. Some groups come from as far as the Bay Area, and we pass a jar around the crowd for their payment..usually a few hundred bucks. The County Fair (Labor Day) is the biggest event of the year.

We have no stoplights. 

Unfriendly or unknown people, after they have been around for a while .. are treated with a certain amount suspicion.

We're tourist oriented and super friendly to outsiders, but we don't want them hanging around after the weekend.