• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

A Shoe-In for a Trade?

I've vented about Scioscia's handling of Shoe this month.  Ironically, he's at such a value right now that we'll see some interesting names floating about for him.  Any contender wants that while Eppler is in a unique, opportunistic position of fielding offers, at a high price.  The farm is bare, we know that, now they must ponder whether to trade him.

I honestly believe that Shoe has figured it out. Maybe it's the mechanics or he is just letting it fly, I think we're seeing what Shoemaker is going to be. I say keep him and let's ride this out. Unless we are just overwhelmed by an offer, hold onto him until the trade deadline.

Go Halos!!!

With it looking more likely that Haney and Richards will be out for the remainder of this year (and being realistic - questionable for next year) and no top of the rotation pitchers on the staff this year (Chacin? Lincecum? Santiago? Skaggs?) or in the minors (Nate Smith?) to step in/up this year or next why trade the only decent pitcher the Angels have?

Potential 2017 rotation only has Shoe, Santiago and possibly Skaggs at this time...so can't imagine taking Shoe away.

Plus he only makes $530,000 and is only just up for arbitration for the first time after this season.

43 minutes ago, ksangel said:

Unless a team is willing to give up their top prospect(s) for Shoe no thanks.

Only team that would do that is the Angels...maybe the Angels could trade Shoe to themselves?

The Angels two ex-top prospects aren't  the on the same level as other teams. So I would pass on trading with the Angels.

Just now, Troll Daddy said:

I just did ... sounds like great news for Richards and Heaney not so much yet. 

Not sure it's really good news (yet) on Richards, but at least it's not bad, like Heaney.....sounds like Heaney goes under the knife after the All Star Break....

6 minutes ago, DMVol said:

Not sure it's really good news (yet) on Richards, but at least it's not bad, like Heaney.....sounds like Heaney goes under the knife after the All Star Break....

Richards not out of the woods but 'progressive healing'.

If Richards goes under the knife the Angels will more the likely want him to sign a contract extension. 

4 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Richards not out of the woods but 'progressive healing'. 

Hard to know what that means exactly but at least it doesn't sound too bad....if the ligament is completely torn through (which is what I think the diagnosis was), "progessive healing" could mean a lot of things....we'll see....

The issue is, if we trade him, who replaces him going forward? Next year we're already going without Weaver and Wilson, there's a decent chance there's no Richards or Heaney too.

That leaves us with Tropeano, Skaggs, Santiago, Nate Smith and ____. It also leaves us with virtually no depth. This year is a perfect example why a pitching staff needs to be at minimum 8 deep.