• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

A Shoe-In for a Trade?

28 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I think CJ is a goner but I could see the Angels at least offering a ST invite to Weaver if he doesn't decide to retire before the year is through.

We need another arm or two for next year, and absorbing a contract like Sabathia for '16-'17 fits that timeframe and won't cost draft picks or major prospects while filling a need. He's been a lot better this year, and shifting away from the AL East may help.

I was joking about CJ.  But if we are desperate for pitching we will be looking at pitchers like him.  Those who used to be good but damaged.

We won't lose draft picks no matter who we sign in off season as we will have a protected pick.

The problem with signing a FA SP is that there really isn't much there this offseason. Even the broken/old ones don't offer much. We have two of the most interesting names already in our rotation with Chacin and Lincecum.

I could see them kicking tires on a Cashner or Anderson, and I think they will and should grab one of them, but with how thin the class is and not much in our upper levels, I think we need to try and get one more starter via trade. Without much prospects to offer, we either need to take on salary or move someone like Calhoun or Simmons to bring back a good MLB SP. That's why I brought up Sabathia as an alternative. Not that WAR is everything, but his WAR this year is at 2 after just 13 starts (8 of which were QS) and that would lead Angels starters - Trop is next with 1.3. He's stingy with HRs and could be flipped next deadline.

Any SP we acquire is gonna be pretty risky given what we're working with, just bringing CC up as a new name to talk about before I become known as 'the guy who just wants to trade Kole for a SP'.

I'm really hoping they sign Reddick. It would make last years' total lack of interest in FA OFs a little more understandable. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • The scouting community seems to like the way that righties Michael Pineda of the Yankees and Matt Shoemaker of the Angels are throwing, as Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports writes. The pair has produced results of late, and could factor into the summer trade market, though neither seems particularly likely to change hands. From my perspective, New York will likely place a high value on Pineda, who can help keep the dreams of contention alive this year and next. And that may be even more true of the Halos and Shoemaker, given that the organization has been hit hard by pitching injuries and badly needs just that sort of controllable arm.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/07/alex-bregman-rumor-not-promoted.html