• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels 2016 Draft Signings

48 minutes ago, John Smith said:

3rd-rder Nonie Williams agrees w/ on $950k (pick 96 = $620,100). Kansas HS SS, VG run, bat speed, raw power, arm, SH too.

Thaiss wasn't an overdraft as much as he simply went 5-10 picks earlier than expected because he was the best fit for a particular team. The end result should but 100k under slot. The same goes with Marsh, who was already a borderline 2nd or 3rd rounder, but was a sign ability kid with upside who should come at 100k discount.

This saving was saved up for Williams who was a 1st or 2nd rounder with a strong commit to LSU. Going 300k over slot basically pays Williams like he was a compensation round pick.

Its a good deal for the Angels because had he gone to LSU, there's a likelihood he would've been a top 15 pick in 2-3 years.

I have Nonie listed as my #3 prospect right now. Of course that can change over time. But he's my favorite pick of the draft.

On June 13, 2016 at 4:28 PM, totdprods said:

If they manage to lock up Thaiss, Marsh, Molina, Williams, Rodriguez, Duensing, Montgomery, and Del Valle I'd be thrilled. Most of the others are college seniors and likely to sign. Excited by the Kalawaia kid too.

Even without these guys hitting the field it looks to have been a promising draft, at least a legit step in the right direction. 

Getting close!