• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jeff Passan: Trout is underappreciated

nate

Passan provides zero evidence that Mike Trout is under appreciated. Not in terms of Mike Trout merchandise sales, polls as to the best players in baseball are by fanbase or player/managers/franchise standards, even whether his national brand has slumped at all. The article is vacuous.

12 minutes ago, RallyPanda said:

He was never truly appreciated outside of Anaheim and then he got so big people got tired of hearing about him, so now they've turned on him and they're over him.

Yeah, that's why the Philies sponsored a Mike Trout Day when they played interleague. Or that Cashman got his hand slapped for tampering when he made statements how they would sign Trout once he became a free agent.

This kid is proudly holding up a Mike Trout bat.

mike-trout-gives-fan-bat.png

You don't miss any opportunity to troll me, do you? No matter the subject, you see me posting and you're right on my heels to disagree or shoot me down.

Send me a private message, let's handle this little beef like men, I'm tired of doing this in every thread!

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Passan provides zero evidence that Mike Trout is under appreciated. Not in terms of Mike Trout merchandise sales, polls as to the best players in baseball are by fanbase or player/managers/franchise standards, even whether his national brand has slumped at all. The article is vacuous.

Jesus Christ you read this wrong.  He is saying that even with all of the positive media and recognition he gets, he is still underappreciated based on the fact that he is a once in a lifetime talent.  This wasn't negative, it was positive.

Read his link about Trout fatigue, it talks about how he is so good that people got used to it so they are less impressed overall when he continues to be great.

1 hour ago, RallyPanda said:

You don't miss any opportunity to troll me, do you? No matter the subject, you see me posting and you're right on my heels to disagree or shoot me down.

Send me a private message, let's handle this little beef like men, I'm tired of doing this in every thread!

There  is a difference  between trolling and disagreement. I believe both you and Jeff Passan are wrong in this regard. Maybe you are not used to people having a differing opinion but if this really bothers you then use the ignore function. 

Yes... it has nothing to do with respect.

He is saying no matter how much praise he gets, it isn't enough because of how good he is.

This wasn't some negative article saying that the fans don't support Trout.

17 minutes ago, Blarg said:

There  is a difference  between trolling and disagreement. I believe both you and Jeff Passan are wrong in this regard. Maybe you are not used to people having a differing opinion but if this really bothers you then use the ignore function. 

THERE'S AN IGNORE FEATURE HERE?????

3 hours ago, RallyPanda said:

Don't take it personally - Blarg does this to various people, depending upon who he's upset with at the time. He's just grumpy.

I think it's because everyone hears about how great he is (people who are not Angels fans obviously) and get sick of hearing about him from a new FanGraphs article every week. Seriously, scorch the internet for tweets about Trout, etc, and you'll find the same, general consensus, bullshit hot-takes on Trout. "Overrated!" and "Harper's better! Hurr durr durrrr". Maybe it's jealousy, maybe it's just trolls being trolls, maybe it's because people will never let the Trout/Harper comparisons die, but who gives a shit if he's "under-appreciated", he's a superstar on my favorite team, a fantastic teammate and guy, and I couldn't care less what opposing fans think, or don't think, about him. 

Although I will say, I think he doesn't get a ton of the spotlight because he's not a controversial guy. Guys that make headlines are almost always there for saying something dumb, or something that stirs up the pot. Trout does neither of those things. He keeps to himself and plays the game. I love that. 

Trout is a great guy that deserves a better supporting cast.  Whether its because of injuries, salaries, age, talent.  

Arte Moreno and Scosh need to get a plan together fast, this is unfair to Mike and the way cool fans of Anaheim Angel Baseball. 

You bring up a good point, @nikkachez. Trout does go the true professional route and lets everything he does on the field talk for him. He enjoys the hell out of the game, enjoys giving his teammates props when they make a great play on the field or a timely hit. He is always in the moment when it is game time then afterwards you just don't hear from him.

Any of you have pics of Trout out drinking with the buds after the game? Not many if any can be found out on the net. Anyone hear of Trout getting into it with fans at a bar or on twitter? His twitter account is pretty dull except when he posts stuff like this.

CfiRChjUsAATOYl.jpg

This is our guy, we respect him, we like him, we hardly know him and that's OK because what we do know makes him all the more special to us fans that have never really had a superstar from the minors to the majors.

No wonder other teams keep fishing for Trout.

043016_LAA_TEX_FishingForTrout_LO_veru9r

I was at the gym the first week or maybe second of the season. When harper was red hot and trput was cold. The tv at the vym was on either espn or mlb, and the talking heads on it were all in agreement that trouts very good, but harper is rhe one you build a team around.

Personally, i think harper is a beast, and he may end up having the better career, who knows. But i kind if got the same feeling as passan here, that people are almost kind of aleeping on how good trout is.

The sad reality is that if he was on a better team hed get noticed more i think. Diehard like us know all the good players, but the public as a whole probably lump him in with "that guys really good", not "that guys got a chance to be a top 10 player of all time"

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I was at the gym the first week or maybe second of the season. When harper was red hot and trput was cold. The tv at the vym was on either espn or mlb, and the talking heads on it were all in agreement that trouts very good, but harper is rhe one you build a team around.

Personally, i think harper is a beast, and he may end up having the better career, who knows. But i kind if got the same feeling as passan here, that people are almost kind of aleeping on how good trout is.

The sad reality is that if he was on a better team hed get noticed more i think. Diehard like us know all the good players, but the public as a whole probably lump him in with "that guys really good", not "that guys got a chance to be a top 10 player of all time"

I think Trout already has a bit of an early headstart, crazy to think about how much differently the conversations would be if Trout snagged another MVP or two the last four years. Also crazy to think that he's finished at least second every single one of his four years and it's debatable he could've been the MVP from 2012-present.