• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trade Escobar to the Royals

I really like Escobar in the leadoff role and for $7 million option next season he could fill that role for one more season.

He has only had 8 of the 47 games he has played that he hasn't been on base at least once a game. 20 of his 47 games have been multi hit. Add in 6 more games where he complimented a walk with a hit for a multi on base game.

10 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I think you've got to wait until July. If we're looking at 10+ games behind a month from now, sure, sell off Escobar, Smith, Soto, etc. But they've been playing much better over the last couple weeks and it is worth seeing if the trend continues.

I agree with this depending on the return. 

On 5/28/2016 at 6:33 AM, eaterfan said:

1) Sure, they aren't eliminated, but this team wasn't great even when healthy. 

2) The Angels and KC are in very different places. The Royals are 1 game from winning the division and 1.5 from the wildcard. The Angels are 5 games out of the wildcard and 6.5 from winning the division. The Royals are also one year removed from winning the WS. We haven't won a playoff game in 6+ years if I'm not mistaken.

3) A valuable asset is a valuable asset. Small market teams love them. They'll figure out how to get him in the lineup or they'll move him.

4) If KC wants to make a playoff push and contend this year they are best served getting a 3B sooner. If they make a great offer it may be better than anything that comes along at the deadline. They really are the perfect candidate because they are close to making the playoffs, view themselves as contenders, and they just lost their 3B. They very well may trade for a 3B before the deadline and take themselves out of the equation. 

I've warmed up to this idea a lot more. Originally I didn't realize the Royals were that close in the playoff race.

10 hours ago, JAHV76 said:

Assuming the Angels trade Escobar who would hit leadoff for the Halos next year and deliver the same performance. He's been the  leadoff hitter they needed for over five years.

If Richards and Heaney start to look like they'll go under the knife, next year won't really matter. 

Think it's too premature to really speculate on Angels trade plans. The season can go a lot of ways over the next few weeks based on how they play, who gets hurt, who returns from injury, and the 2018 status of GRich and Heaney.

On June 4, 2016 at 7:21 AM, totdprods said:

If Richards and Heaney start to look like they'll go under the knife, next year won't really matter. 

Think it's too premature to really speculate on Angels trade plans. The season can go a lot of ways over the next few weeks based on how they play, who gets hurt, who returns from injury, and the 2018 status of GRich and Heaney.

Even if they do ... why would we throw 2017 away. The Angels still need a legit Ace. I would make this a priority in the off season. 

On 5/27/2016 at 10:49 AM, Glen said:

No. Escobar has been the leadoff hitter we've needed for years and you don't want to trade that for prospects and the possibility that Cowart has it together. 

Totally, outside of Trout he has been the most consistent player.

On 5/27/2016 at 8:49 AM, Glen said:

No. Escobar has been the leadoff hitter we've needed for years and you don't want to trade that for prospects and the possibility that Cowart has it together. 

Aybar batting lead off is the stuff of nightmares. They were hell-bent on making him the lead off hitter. 

I want to keep Escobar as well. Dude is a good hitter, great leadoff guy and seems to be an excellent clubhouse dude. 

If anything, trade Simmons, Street, Santiago, Shoemaker or Richards as a PTBNL if you can get a good LF prospect close.