• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Rangers - 5/24/2016

2 minutes ago, Ray McKigney said:

I doubt he's hurt. Scioscia doesn't worry about meaningless stats when writing out his lineup for the games.

Okay, taking a closer look at it, maybe it's Trout's ankle and he doesn't want him out in the field yet. If that's the case, I can see sitting Cron and keeping Albert at first for his defense.

1 minute ago, fan_since79 said:

Okay, taking a closer look at it, maybe it's Trout's ankle and he doesn't want him out in the field yet. If that's the case, I can see sitting Cron and keeping Albert at first for his defense.

Yeah, that was the first thing I thought of actually. It probably has something to do with Trout's ankle. Although, it didn't look like it was bothering him last night.

I think since Calhoun was off yesterday too Scioscia saw this series as one for him to cycle guys through the DH spot, so he might have already been planning on giving him a day at DH. 

Texas is a great place to do it actually, it's usually hot so good to give your guys a breather, and even crappy offensive players like Robinson can have a good game at hitter-friendly Arlington.

18 minutes ago, eligrba4ever said:

Calhoun against Monday's starter is lifetime .167/.231/.397.

Calhoun against tonight's starter Perez is .125/.222/.347, slugging .125. 3 Ks in 9 PAs.

The secret to keeping Calhoun from hurting you is to start LH pitchers he can't hit.

Scioscia is playing percentages...Kole is bound to have a good game against Perez sometime in the next ten years, so why not tonight?