• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

James Shields anyone?

potential partial solution.  SD is obviously going nowhere.  65mil left over the next three years.  I would imagine that the friars would love to rid themselves of that contract.  It's a lot to take on and you probably lose some cash at the end, but it could bridge a gap.  Not my money.  

Yeah, as long as San Diego knocks the price down.instead of 65 million over 3 years, 45 million. Shields is worth 15 mil a year. He gives you 200 innings, tons of K's and an acceptable ERA.

I'd like to see the Angels get aggressive on Timmy Lincecum too.

3 hours ago, Chuck Richter said:

According to reports Lincecum looked good yesterday in his showcase and the Angels are the favorites to land him.

I thought the Giants were? I guess that's what mlb tonight was saying. Maybe it's just to bump up the price by his agent? If anyone knows Tim the best it's SF

I thought Shields might be an interesting choice but he's certainly high risk.  He's a thought if they don't want to just bag the season.  

Lincecum's velo was way down last year.  Was he injured?  SF needs a starter and is only willing to consider him as a reliever.   That has to tell you something.  

But hey, it's desperation time. 

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

I thought Shields might be an interesting choice but he's certainly high risk.  He's a thought if they don't want to just bag the season.  

Lincecum's velo was way down last year.  Was he injured?  SF needs a starter and is only willing to consider him as a reliever.   That has to tell you something.  

But hey, it's desperation time. 

Hey Doc, I think Lincecum had a hip injury of some sort.

16 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Seattle would also have been a good destination, as Lincecum pitched for UDub.

I'll gladly take him, of course.   We need someone, or should I say a mess of someones.

Hey hey, one mess at a time!

Why even try to improve the team? They're not making the playoffs with Santiago, Weaver, Shoemaker, Tropeano, as the core of the rotation, I don't care how hot Trout/Pujols(LOL)/Calhoun get. It's time to strap in for a bumpy ride and watch this team lose close to 100 games this year and then hope our GM makes some prudent signings/trades, and Heaney/Richards/Skaggs can come back and pitch well next season and beyond. 

Plus getting a top 3 pick in the draft and potentially a top prospect is something this team could use more than any other team in baseball

Edited by GrittyVeterans