• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The definition of insanity

gotbeer

Doing the same thing over and over, hoping for a different result.

This is the Angels of 2013 so far. This is Mike Scioscia.

Pujols is hurting. Let's continue to play him, and hope the injury gets better.

Hamilton is slumping. Let's continue to play him at cleanup, and hope he breaks out of his slump.

Streaks and slumps don't last forever in baseball. Some are longer than others, see Trumbo. But when you are streaking, you ride them like Barbaro.

Right now, you got players on this team that are streaking. And yet, the hardnosed bullheadedness continues to bookend them with players that are slumping. This will do nothing for the team, except bring the team down.

It's time for a change. Put the guys that can feed off each other in a group. Lineup should read:

1. Bourjos

2. Kendrick

3. Trout

4. Trumbo

5. Jimenez

6. Pujols (If he's going to be treated insanely)

7. Iannetta (Just because while he should be hitting higher

8. Hamilton

9. Harris

1-5 mainly are the guys that are hot right now. Put them together, and let them score. And maybe, just maybe, their streak will become contagious, and you can have the "ideal" lineup.

I don't think your approach will work.  Players perform best in defined roles, and generally perform best knowing exactly what their job entails.  You don't see teams moving players around in the lineup like that, it generally leads to complete disaster.  We already have had to deal with injuries taking away pieces that had defined roles, and had a better chance at being effective.  As far as playing Pujols goes, Pujols has to be the best judge of that one, only he knows what he can tolerate pain wise without being completely ineffective. 

I don't think your approach will work.  Players perform best in defined roles, and generally perform best knowing exactly what their job entails.  You don't see teams moving players around in the lineup like that, it generally leads to complete disaster.  We already have had to deal with injuries taking away pieces that had defined roles, and had a better chance at being effective.  As far as playing Pujols goes, Pujols has to be the best judge of that one, only he knows what he can tolerate pain wise without being completely ineffective. 

I think the results speak louder than even he can in this instance. When was the last time he had a homerun? His average continues to drop like a rock. Mike needs to say enough, rest this foot via the 15 day disabled list.

The best thing is to immediately DL Pujols. Conger and Trumbo can split DH and Jimenez can play 1B when Trumbo DHs and Callaspo has returned.

I agree that Pujols needs time on the DL. However, as much as Conger seems to be making the least of his opportunity, he can DH full time while Trumbo plays first base full time. Jimenez is a better third baseman than Callaspo. Callaspo can just be on the bench and we can send either Romine or Harris back to the farm. Jimenez is the polar opposite of Conger, he is making the most of his opportunity and running with it. Get whatever bp help we can for Callaspo, though I don't think he'd fetch much.

Ha, this is awesome.  Fans hated it when Sosh would have a different lineup all the time, now they want him to.

For me the definition of insanity is coming to this main forum and expecting it.

Looks like you would have learned by now that the right course is always something other than what is being done.