• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The powdery after dinner mints at restaurants

are we talking about the northwood inn right by the 5 freeway?

just north of anaheim?

I've driven by that place a thousand times, finally decided to check it out last time i did the drive up from OC.

it sucked.

the inside was great. and it was pretty big.

but man the food was awful.

even the beer sucked and wasn't cold.

i was disappointed. i love rustic / woodsy places like that.

maybe it was an off day for them.

cute sign though.

Man, that place is in the Mexi Casa realm of "last meal before my execution"

Pro tip: While the dinner entrees are great, you can go during lunch and get AYCE salad and cheesy bread. Couple that with icy schoons of beer, an you got yoself a stew baby!

Pro tip: While the dinner entrees are great, you can go during lunch and get AYCE salad and cheesy bread. Couple that with icy schoons of beer, an you got yoself a stew baby!

I used to work across the street from that place which is now a pile of rubble near the 5 freeway. Anyway that salad was awesome, cheesy bread was also good and they had fantastic clam chowder. At least they used to.

thumbs up to mexi casa!

i still love that joint.

been going since i was little wicked, before they moved to the new spot on lincoln.

• 7 years later...
On 4/15/2016 at 9:30 PM, CaliAngel said:

Yeah from what I remember Northwoods was pretty good, but I haven't been in years. Don't think we ever went to the location off the 5 though.

Also enjoyed the nude woman portraits and female servers.

This is what goes on at that place?  I’ve never been to that one off the 5, but might be worth checking out. 

11 hours ago, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

This is what goes on at that place?  I’ve never been to that one off the 5, but might be worth checking out. 

When I was a kid, my family would often meet up with my grandparents at Northwoods. I just remember it's dark inside and there are peanut shells all over the floor.

Speaking of mints, I can't remember the last time a restaurant gave mints with the check. Another COVID casualty?

On 4/14/2016 at 5:04 PM, Spencer said:

RIP carl weathers.

on a whim, my wife bought be a bag of the butter cream (powdery) mints last week. have enjoyed them a lot.

my grandparents used to love the pink and white ones, and whenever they came to california for a visit, we knew mom was going to load up on the mints. we enjoyed that a lot. 

On 2/9/2024 at 7:16 PM, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

Leaving Cali now at LB Airport, shoulda stopped by for din wif my buddies for gigs but just saw this now. 

I'd say you gotta try it at least once.

On 4/15/2016 at 9:30 PM, CaliAngel said:

Yeah from what I remember Northwoods was pretty good, but I haven't been in years. Don't think we ever went to the location off the 5 though.

Also enjoyed the nude woman portraits and female servers.

I used to work in Santa Fe Springs across from the Northwoods in La Mirada their clam chowder was the best. Also they had good salad with blue cheese dressing if that’s your thing.