• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2017 Minor League Statlines & Prospects thread

4 hours ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Not a good debut for Chris Rodriguez: 2.0 IP, 6H, 7R, 3ER, 1BB, 3K, 1HR. 49 pitches 29 of them strikes.

Brandon Marsh did okay: 1 for 5, 1BB, 1K, 2R and had two OF assists.

bummer for rodriguez.  

Steven Cusumano @Steven_Cusumano  2m2 minutes ago
Torii Hunter Jr. (@THunterJr) set to make his professional debut tonight, batting 7th in the order.

Steven Cusumano added,

DCyyoK-UMAE-b5Y.jpg
Orem OwlzVerified account @OremOwlz
The lineup is set for Game 2 against Ogden! Show your support at the Home of the Owlz tonight! First pitch is at 7:05 MT.

2 minutes ago, John Smith said:
Steven Cusumano @Steven_Cusumano  2m2 minutes ago
Torii Hunter Jr. (@THunterJr) set to make his professional debut tonight, batting 7th in the order.

Steven Cusumano added,

DCyyoK-UMAE-b5Y.jpg
Orem OwlzVerified account @OremOwlz
The lineup is set for Game 2 against Ogden! Show your support at the Home of the Owlz tonight! First pitch is at 7:05 MT.

Scioscia made them sit Marsh.  @Homebrewer is pissed because he has had the last 18 months to rest.  

On 6/19/2017 at 1:49 PM, Angel Oracle said:

If he was kept here, could he have moved to 2B with Simmons manning SS?

I'm sure he could have easily AO but it would been similar to taking a Master Chef and having him cook at McDonalds.

His defense really is that good, he has previously been ranked as a top defensive SS in the Minors so his value to another team is really as a SS. It is interesting because he is probably a trade piece moving forward because the Indians have Lindor and Kipnis locked up for at least the next 3 years (4 for Lindor).

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

I have a gut feeling Torii Jr. is going to wind up being really good.

It's far too early for me to come into agreement with that, but a promising start. The track record for guys that start playing ball full time as late as Torii Jr. has isn't extensive or promising. But generally speaking, athletes have an easier time making adjustments, so it wouldn't surprise me. That and the mental and emotional aspect of this game come into play at an early stage, and having the unique upbringing around the game and clubhouse makes it a non-factor for Torii.

40 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

It's far too early for me to come into agreement with that, but a promising start. The track record for guys that start playing ball full time as late as Torii Jr. has isn't extensive or promising. But generally speaking, athletes have an easier time making adjustments, so it wouldn't surprise me. That and the mental and emotional aspect of this game come into play at an early stage, and having the unique upbringing around the game and clubhouse makes it a non-factor for Torii.

I you gotta figure he has the natural talent to do it (his dad had it in spades) but going from college football to professional baseball has got to be a rough transition. I'm surprised he had such a great debut.

1 hour ago, Scotty@AW said:

Oh yeah totally - I'm definitely not basing that off the one game's worth of stats or even his limited ST action. Just something deep down that makes me think he's going to come out of nowhere and be a very legit prospect in a couple years, and perhaps a good everyday MLBer.

There's just something that feels right about thinking Torii Jr. will be there one day.

2 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Oh yeah totally - I'm definitely not basing that off the one game's worth of stats or even his limited ST action. Just something deep down that makes me think he's going to come out of nowhere and be a very legit prospect in a couple years, and perhaps a good everyday MLBer.

There's just something that feels right about thinking Torii Jr. will be there one day.

Kids of former players have a solid track record. Eric Young, Cam Bedrosian, Mike Trout, Bo Bichette, Vlad Jr., Griffey Jr., Bonds, and countless others. The precedent is set. I hope it happens in an Angels uniform. 

1 hour ago, Dugout said:

Way Too early for that optimism, this spring his bat was very inconsistent, and I thought his catch and throw was in need of much help. Both can get better, he has time. 

It's baseball! It's never too early for optimism.

He's raw as hell and is going to have a lot of work to do, adjustments to make, and refinement in his game, and his focus has up until this point been football. But I can't discount the the athleticism he possesses and seeing how much of a natural baseball player his father was, I can't help but have a rosier outlook on him. He will absolutely have his work cut out for him, and his success will come down to his work ethic and mental makeup plain and simple, but if he inherited any of those skills from his dad, he will be just fine.

And I will go ahead and say that I can definitely see we're Torii Jr. can differ from his father too. Torii Sr. was an athlete who had the world against him and battled to get out of a rough upbringing and neighborhood and turn it into an All-Star, multi-decade, multi-million career.

Torii Jr. will have grown up in the gilded burbs the son of a multi-millionaire. Will the same fight and tenacity that carried Sr. be evident in Jr? No idea, but if Sr. instilled that tenacity and work ethic into Jr., I have to like his chances.

And that's where my optimism stems. Gut feeling Torii Jr. winds up being a legit prospect in the near future.