• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Well that was quick

Ya I was upset we weren't looking at him. I find it funny the Orioles want to send him back. He came at a cheap price. Do they really think there is no way he can get it together? And if so did they not scout him to know that he couldn't do well here?

I think the problem is.  Even if it took 2 years to develop him, he would be a FA after.  So in essence, the Orioles are paying him $7 million to develop him for another team.  Orioles didn't protect themselves at all in that deal.

So the KBO is officially a local high school league.

Not quite, but the ballparks are quite smaller.

The Park kid who hit 50 HR's in back to back seasons is having a decent spring. Has 3 bombs and quite a few doubles. He's set to be their DH/1B this season. Kang did pretty well in his rookie season with the Pirates last season too.

As with any player coming over from a lower level league there is a level of risk with regards to how they will adjust to not just the increased level of play but more specifically the differences in style of play. Like we saw with Brandon Wood, he just could never hit a major league curve ball. 

I haven't seen this guy play, but 0-13 is a quick hook on a $7 million investment. I'm not surprised by an adjustment period, so perhaps its been a legitimately ugly 13 ABs.

What a bunch of idiots to sign him.

They could have signed Hamilton for large amounts of money and then continue paying him to suck for a team in same the same division and then trade for Joyce who was a complete disaster in left field.......yep......I am glad the Angels don't make such stupid decisions.

This was more about us the fans that were clamoring for the Angels to sign him. I think it was Shane who was totally for the signing. It's basically our fascination with the unknown, no different than minor leaguers where fans automatically assume they are better than they really are.

I liked the price. And I liked what Kang did for the Pirates. Personally I would have taken him over Upton or Cespedes. But Eppler looks like he found better options anyway

What a bunch of idiots to sign him.

They could have signed Hamilton for large amounts of money and then continue paying him to suck for a team in same the same division and then trade for Joyce who was a complete disaster in left field.......yep......I am glad the Angels don't make such stupid decisions.

your needle is stuck 

I tend to avoid the foreign asset bandwagon. I want the Angels to show a greater international presence in Japan because there are a lot of solid players, particularly pitchers out there. I get excited over prospects, but that's something more tangible than watching some guy crush Korean pitching in a Pony League size park. There's just no way I could justify any scouting report or ranking of that sort. It's beyond my pay grade.

As for Kim, I'll be honest, I haven't watched him in Spring, but I like his YouTube highlights.

no amount of scouting a KBO player is going to ensure your ability to determine his success at the major league level.  But frankly, the same holds true domestically. The goal is to infuse the org with as much currency as possible at a cost commensurate to the talent.  

yes the KBO is a crapshoot, but at some point you have to trust your scouts.  We are assuming the Angels didn't even scout this guy.  Maybe they watched his videos and didn't think it worth their time.  

You have to do your due diligence though and I hope they are going to from this point forward as you can't just completely disregard a market.