• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Figgins retires, signs one day contract with Angels

Jobu

Maybe my memory isn't what it used to be, but I don't recall Figgins being anything spectacular. Seemed like a nice dude and had a couple decent seasons for us, but it's not like he's HOF worthy!

Who said he was hall of fame worthy? lol...

he had about 6 good seasons for the Halos...good dude and had a good run as an Angel.

Also the fact Seattle paid him 3rd base money then put him at second.

True. though Figgins always played in lineup that had a decent #3 or #4 hitter that made it easier for him to hit.

Hitting behind Seattle's best bat meant that teams didn't even need to throw Figgins a strike at all, he had 74 walks his first year in Seattle which was also his 2nd highest walks in a season for his career.

He just couldn't hit his way on base as much when he wasn't being given anything easy to hit like when he had Aybar/Morales hitting 2nd & 3rd behind him.

Figgy is one of my all time favorites. He was the definition of a spark plug in his time as an Angel. The guy hit for average, got on base, stole bases and played above average defense all over the place. In his 3 year peak from 2007-2009, he was the 17th most valuable position player in baseball. Good player and underrated by many. Thank you, Chone.