• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Can this trend be reversed? SJWs

Adam

11 minutes ago, Brandon said:

They tried that in Portland and Seattle. Looked like a blast.

I was thinking along the lines of dropping them on an island , labor camps ,or create prison tent cities in the middle of the desert.  Ideally I think we start up the old plan to ship the bad ones back home 

45 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

There is some truth there but who created these conditions? My grandfather was born into the same poverty if not more than the blacks in his day. He worked the same factory jobs and lived on the same street as blacks. Why did all of his kid not only avoid prison but significantly raise their standard of living? Meanwhile most those black families are still poor and have a fany of felons ?

I'm guessing he placed a lot of value in the importance of family structure, education and a good work ethic 

41 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

I was thinking along the lines of dropping them on an island , labor camps ,or create prison tent cities in the middle of the desert.  Ideally I think we start up the old plan to ship the bad ones back home 

Isn't that where we are going to put the homeless? 

2 hours ago, Jason said:

I'm guessing he placed a lot of value in the importance of family structure, education and a good work ethic 

Well he worked two jobs for a lot of years and really didn’t value education. None of his kids went to college. He did place value of living within your means. He probably never ate at a restaurant better than the western sizzlin. He did move away from the black side of town and paid his house off in 10 years. 
just goes to show all these young libs that traditional America was pretty good. His grandchildren all became teachers except for me. Ironically I make a lot more than any of them but they all own good homes. None of us are Uber rich we live pretty good considering where the family was in 1945. Hell we couldn’t afford cable in 1986 yet dad retired in a new house that is fully paid off in a gated community on the lake. Hell he even lost his job in 2003 when all the factories closed and went to China. 

I just don’t buy into Taylor’s sob stories about how impossible life is today. My grandpa picked up coal off the train tracks and recycled long before it was cool. We cut wood and didn’t have central air until I was 13. A lot of people had it much worse than us but hard work builds character. It’s what separates men from the modern day blacks and Taylors of the world. 

1 hour ago, Kotchman said:

Well he worked two jobs for a lot of years and really didn’t value education. None of his kids went to college. He did place value of living within your means. He probably never ate at a restaurant better than the western sizzlin. He did move away from the black side of town and paid his house off in 10 years. 
just goes to show all these young libs that traditional America was pretty good. His grandchildren all became teachers except for me. Ironically I make a lot more than any of them but they all own good homes. None of us are Uber rich we live pretty good considering where the family was in 1945. Hell we couldn’t afford cable in 1986 yet dad retired in a new house that is fully paid off in a gated community on the lake. Hell he even lost his job in 2003 when all the factories closed and went to China. 

I just don’t buy into Taylor’s sob stories about how impossible life is today. My grandpa picked up coal off the train tracks and recycled long before it was cool. We cut wood and didn’t have central air until I was 13. A lot of people had it much worse than us but hard work builds character. It’s what separates men from the modern day blacks and Taylors of the world. 

To be fair, your family isn’t lazy blacks, so…

23 minutes ago, cals said:

To be fair, your family isn’t lazy blacks, so…

. It’s pretty much the story of the vast majority of white Americans. Some had things a little better or worse but America is so full of opportunity that average Joe can succeed. 
blacks have a weird culture. I work around a few that are still in the army. They’re not from Kc but spend their free time hanging out in the black section of town. That hood life is an addiction they struggle to break. It’s as if they can’t play rap music in their house and can’t enjoy a night out without gunfire and police sirens 

38 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

. It’s pretty much the story of the vast majority of white Americans. Some had things a little better or worse but America is so full of opportunity that average Joe can succeed. 
blacks have a weird culture. I work around a few that are still in the army. They’re not from Kc but spend their free time hanging out in the black section of town. That hood life is an addiction they struggle to break. It’s as if they can’t play rap music in their house and can’t enjoy a night out without gunfire and police sirens 

I wouldn’t even say “white Americans”.  Latinos and Asians immigrants often have the same experience and succeed.  When you approach life with a chip on your shoulder, a terrible work ethic and an expectation of things unearned then yeah, your chances of success are going to be diminished.  

And I agree, glamorization of ghetto culture hurts them.  But there is some of that in Mexican American culture but most who have any desire to get away from it can (except at family gatherings).  It’s not an insurmountable burden.  And so it’s no excuse.

3 hours ago, Kotchman said:

Because he's a pussy.

Adapt or die. I remember being a kid at a very young age and immigrants that barely spoke English were making it and owning store, etc. I remember being that young and thinking, "You're a white male in SoCal, you have zero excuse." Successful people find a way to make it.

Especially with the internet these days. I have five streams of income, mostly passive, that you can simply find on the internet. Yet, some people want to be Lifetime 2.0 and argue with strangers or bump old threads (while crying victim) instead of educating themselves or using that same internet time to better themselves. Claiming equality and the need to tax successful or rich people while you sit on an internet message board all day is a joke. I don't respect it.

24 minutes ago, cals said:

I wouldn’t even say “white Americans”.  Latinos and Asians immigrants often have the same experience and succeed.  When you approach life with a chip on your shoulder, a terrible work ethic and an expectation of things unearned then yeah, your chances of success are going to be diminished.  

And I agree, glamorization of ghetto culture hurts them.  But there is some of that in Mexican American culture but most who have any desire to get away from it can (except at family gatherings).  It’s not an insurmountable burden.  And so it’s no excuse.

That’s a good point. I did leave out that every other race seems to achieve as well. 
Last comment reminded me of my son. His professor caught him and a white kid  rolling their eyes at her point that women and minorities are oppressed. She kept them after class as their preconceived prejudices were creating an unsafe environment for minorities. Next class his background presentation was due. The dumb bitch was shocked to learn he’s Mexican and speaks fluent Spanish. She said he doesn’t have the dialect or present himself as Hispanic. He’s brown as Toby’s ass. She couldn’t see that because he lacked the baggy pants and doesn’t speak Spanglish. 

2 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Because he's a pussy.

Adapt or die. I remember being a kid at a very young age and immigrants that barely spoke English were making it and owning store, etc. I remember being that young and thinking, "You're a white male in SoCal, you have zero excuse." Successful people find a way to make it.

Especially with the internet these days. I have five streams of income, mostly passive, that you can simply find on the internet. Yet, some people want to be Lifetime 2.0 and argue with strangers or bump old threads (while crying victim) instead of educating themselves or using that same internet time to better themselves. Claiming equality and the need to tax successful or rich people while you sit on an internet message board all day is a joke. I don't respect it.

This is very true.
A lot of the soccer parents owned businesses or held high positions in their fields. They said the work ethic is so bad nowadays they just hope to hire someone that will show up everyday. Years ago people got fired for not making production quotas. 

14 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

That’s a good point. I did leave out that every other race seems to achieve as well. 
Last comment reminded me of my son. His professor caught him and a white kid  rolling their eyes at her point that women and minorities are oppressed. She kept them after class as their preconceived prejudices were creating an unsafe environment for minorities. Next class his background presentation was due. The dumb bitch was shocked to learn he’s Mexican and speaks fluent Spanish. She said he doesn’t have the dialect or present himself as Hispanic. He’s brown as Toby’s ass. She couldn’t see that because he lacked the baggy pants and doesn’t speak Spanglish. 

So basically she’s the racist for assuming he’s white because he’s dressed conservatively and isn’t doing the upward inflection at the end of words like “ese” and “fool” and “orale”.  She’s basically @Taylor but with a larger pecker.

54 minutes ago, cals said:

So basically she’s the racist for assuming he’s white because he’s dressed conservatively and isn’t doing the upward inflection at the end of words like “ese” and “fool” and “orale”.  She’s basically @Taylor but with a larger pecker.

I did asked him if her name was Taylor. 

17 hours ago, Kotchman said:

So he wasn't a Disney nerd?

• 3 weeks later...