• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trump is gonna win this thing

I think it's time to face reality...Trump is going to be the POTUS.

I just can't believe he will beat Hilary. Then again, I can't believe he is about to wrap up the GOP nomination.

For those of you who know more about politics than me: could the GOP "leaders" go to Mitt Romney, ask him to accept the nomination, then ask all the delegates to vote for Romney? Would that be legal?

I just can't believe he will beat Hilary. Then again, I can't believe he is about to wrap up the GOP nomination.

For those of you who know more about politics than me: could the GOP "leaders" go to Mitt Romney, ask him to accept the nomination, then ask all the delegates to vote for Romney? Would that be legal?

I think Trump vs. Hilary would be the most interesting, entertaining and one of the closest races in American history.  I honestly put it at a coin toss if they both end up winning their respective nominations.  I also thought at the beginning of this thing that Trump had no chance.

Edited by halobob

I think Trump vs. Hilary would be the most interesting, entertaining and one of the closest races in American history.  I honestly put it at a coin toss if they both end up winning their respective nominations.  I also thought at the beginning of this thing that Trump had no chance.

In the beginning, I believed that Trump was an interesting curiosity, but as time went along his campaign and his popularity would fade. I have to give him credit. He picked absolutely the right time to run as an unconventional candidate, because voters are sick of conventional politics.

The more I think about this I'm actually beginning to like Trump over the other candidates (obligatory: except Gary Johnson). He just needs to tone down some of the crazy kick out the Mexicans talk during the general. If he runs more center during the general he's certainly more votable for me than Hilary. He's done a decent job staying away from talk about rape babies and the gheys. I believe he's probably actually pretty normal socially, at least as far as his politics go. We'll see if he shows that during the election.

Edited by HaloMagic

No, I think the Republican party rules state that pledged delegates have to vote for their candidate on the first go-round or they lose their credentials in the future.

This is also working under the assumption that their is a set of GOP "leaders" who people would actually listen to.

I have read that each convention validates the rules of the convention, so conceivably they could change the party rules prior to the vote, though I imagine that would probably be the death knell of the party. I can't imagine just tossing out the primary election results would result in anything less than the dissolution of the party. Trump would obviously run 3rd party in that scenario as well.

This is what I understand the rules to be, though I haven't read up closely on it.

No, I think the Republican party rules state that pledged delegates have to vote for their candidate on the first go-round or they lose their credentials in the future.

This is also working under the assumption that their is a set of GOP "leaders" who people would actually listen to.

I have read that each convention validates the rules of the convention, so conceivably they could change the party rules prior to the vote, though I imagine that would probably be the death knell of the party. I can't imagine just tossing out the primary election results would result in anything less than the dissolution of the party. Trump would obviously run 3rd party in that scenario as well.

This is what I understand the rules to be, though I haven't read up closely on it.

I think that is how it goes also but there may be pledged and unpledged delegates and Superdelegates. I think the pledged ones have to stick with the candidate that won them in a primary. It gets confusing.  There may be a way they can toss Trump under the bus but it would blow them up like you said. I think Cruz and Rubio do need to do well in their states and pick those up.  When you win delegates and drop out they go to another candidate also from what I remember.  Someone got Jebs 1/2 of one. Cons I know living in Texas are all in on Trump over Cruz, Cruz may have it tough. 

What a chaotic scenario if this happens at the convention. Cruz and Rubio would be livid to see the nomination go to someone who hasn't even been running, and rightfully so.

Worse still, it probably destroys the party and pretty easily hands the election to the suddenly stable democrats. But then again, you may also have Trump and Bloomberg running as independents. A potential constitutional crisis could be just around the corner.

Actually, this could be quite entertaining.

If anyone in the GOP moved to invalidate the results of months of primaries, it would be catastrophic to the party. Whoever came out of the convention as the nominee would be slaughtered at the polls in November. The party would be irreparably divided, and I don't know how they would ever regain any scrap of credibility if they throw out the will of the voters, regardless of whether they agree with it.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

Many people thought the Republican party was dead in 09. In 2013 there was no way anybody was gonna beat Hillary this year.

Things change.

probably so, but for the short term going into the election in november, it'd be a disaster for the GOP.

would certainly make for some entertaining tv, however.