• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Roth getting the start!

tj_

I'm guessing it's only going to be a 3 inning or so start, but neat.

You obviously don't want to overdo things but he's basically been a starter so he shouldn't run out of gas like a reliever might...If (and that's a huge question) he is pitching well in the 4th or even the 5th, I don't pull him just because I can...have the pen ready but if he's getting them out, let it roll....

I'm guessing it's only going to be a 3 inning or so start, but neat.

I think that will depend on how well he is pitching. If he happens to be in a groove and dominating I am sure Mike will let him go as long as he can, which would be a good thing. May as well see how he holds up in a starter's role. Who knows, he may turn some heads.

If Scioscia is trying to catch the Rangers off guard, why let the Rangers know who they're facing the night before? It's 2013, all the players need to do is check fangraphs and some of his tape before the game. Should have made it a game time decision.

all the players need to do is check fangraphs

fangraphs

what

He doesn't have the stuff to be a starter. No way should he go through an order a 3rd time.

Normally I'd agree with you but left handed junkball types always look hittable.  Seeing Roth pitch in the CWS, he seemed to get better as his stuff got softer.  I haven't seen enough of this guy to make any bold claims but, I really am looking forward to seeing whether or not the Rangers will swing at his non-strikes.

Unless people were Gamecock fans there really isn't much of a book on him professionally.  .

He doesn't have the stuff to be a starter. No way should he go through an order a 3rd time.

Totally disagree. He's always been a starter and has a really good changeup and breaking ball to go with an effective 88-90 MPH fastball.