• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dem Townhall/Iowa Caucuses

The conclusions people jump to...

Bernie is clearly wildly popular among young naive college kids and the far left of the Dem base. He won't win, but he is definitely a catalyst for the direction the county is going. Bernie Sanders 3.0 will win. Anyone can see that. 

The conclusions people jump to...

Bernie is clearly wildly popular among young naive college kids and the far left of the Dem base. He won't win, but he is definitely a catalyst for the direction the county is going. Bernie Sanders 3.0 will win. Anyone can see that. 

I don't know, politicians have been making promises since Day One.

Sure, the kids want free stuff, until they start actually working for their stuff, and then they don't like the idea of free stuff quite so much.

The thing that pisses me off is that Bernie supporters think that another 5k a year for a family making 150k is no big deal.  Well we already pay more in taxes and now another 5k represents about 10% increase in taxes paid.  Dems and Bernie supporters wont be happy until we all have to live like poor people to pay for poor people to have nice things.

The thing that pisses me off is that Bernie supporters think that another 5k a year for a family making 150k is no big deal.  Well we already pay more in taxes and now another 5k represents about 10% increase in taxes paid.  Dems and Bernie supporters wont be happy until we all have to live like poor people to pay for poor people to have nice things.

the idea in this country of redistributing wealth is a load of crap. immigrants understand rightly that this is a country of opportunity - you make your own way and can do anything you're willing to work hard enough for. too many of the native inhabitants here haven't grasped that concept yet, and it's why bernie has support.

Evidently you don't understand Bernie's plan. He gave the example of a family who is playing $10K on health care now who would pay about $5K in taxes - so it actually saves them $5K. Now of course we don't know how it will actually work, but the general idea is that his plan will actually save the majority of people a significant amount of money.

the idea in this country of redistributing wealth is a load of crap. immigrants understand rightly that this is a country of opportunity - you make your own way and can do anything you're willing to work hard enough for. too many of the native inhabitants here haven't grasped that concept yet, and it's why bernie has support.

If only things were so simple.

Evidently you don't understand Bernie's plan. He gave the example of a family who is playing $10K on health care now who would pay about $5K in taxes - so it actually saves them $5K. Now of course we don't know how it will actually work, but the general idea is that his plan will actually save the majority of people a significant amount of money.

If only things were so simple.

Then that is even more stupid.  Health insurance companies work on about a 5% margin.  Some years it is less some more but always 5% +/- 3% so how he thinks he is going to cut costs in half is beyond me.  Plus he is going to have to pay for the millions of uninsured.

Then that is even more stupid.  Health insurance companies work on about a 5% margin.  Some years it is less some more but always 5% +/- 3% so how he thinks he is going to cut costs in half is beyond me.  Plus he is going to have to pay for the millions of uninsured.

Well that is just what he said in the town hall meeting - I don't know the details of his plan. Why don't you research it, whether on his website or call his campaign, and ask before just railing against it?

Because I am sure they are going to be objective.  He hasn't explained how he will pay for anything because he knows it is impossible.  He and Trump seem like the two candidates that are all talk.

Impossible? How does Germany do it? The rest of northern Europe? The US might not be able to do it the same way, but I don't see why single-payer healthcare and free college education aren't possible.

Anyhow, which candidate do you prefer? Who would be your choice--among the available options--to become president?

It's all good, Nate.

Robert Reich says so!

http://robertreich.org/

Watch the video. Hilarious stuff. Fluffy bullshit answers for idiot college students.

Really? I didn't watch the video, but read the answers below - I assume they are the same. Pretty solid answers, I thought.

Reich seems like a pretty smart fellow.

Edited by Angelsjunky

Really? I didn't watch the video, but read the answers below - I assume they are the same. Pretty solid answers, I thought.

Reich seems like a pretty smart fellow.

I have no doubt that he's incredibly intelligent.