• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels ranked fourth in top swinging quartets

KevinJ14

Yeah it just goes to show you what having solid offensive players in the lineup could do. Harper is slated to be worth 10 less cumulative runs created, but the nationals are second in this because the guys behind him are solid. They aren't anything spectacular. Just solid. If Trout had the same production from the next best 3 that harper has, the cumulative runs created would be 86.9 from those 4. If they had just added Heyward it would have been 93.

Which would have made them first on this list since the cubs would have been without him. I say that more to prove a point though. I doubt Heyward would have gone anywhere else unless the angels severely over paid.

Edited by AngelsFanSince86

Yeah, look at the numbers, it is basically Mike Trout and three schmucks.

You're too smart to be the guy that posts stuff like this. It just sounds like anyone who isn't Mike Trout sucks. Calhoun is a solid player and he works his butt off, and probably deserves a better label than schmuck.

You're too smart to be the guy that posts stuff like this. It just sounds like anyone who isn't Mike Trout sucks. Calhoun is a solid player and he works his butt off, and probably deserves a better label than schmuck.

Compare it to the others on the list, our three below Trout are worse.  The only reason the Angels are fourth is because of Trout.  The article itself is very misleading.

Maybe you should look at the numbers presented, one of the three were barely replacement level.

This is why 2014 was such a powerhouse offense, the main four were supplemented by no player under 100 OPS+ with four over 120. In 2015 there were only five over 100 and even that was including Crone that was more of a part time player. Only Trout was over 120 OPS+.

So it really is Mike Trout and any random three schmucks.

Just the few improvements Eppler has orchestrated through trade raises the bar at SS and 3rd base. The probability is that left field plays to or above replacement level. The bench looks to be much stronger and more versatile. It won't be 2014 but it sure won't be the cluster**** last season was.

Just the few improvements Eppler has orchestrated through trade raises the bar at SS and 3rd base. The probability is that left field plays to or above replacement level. The bench looks to be much stronger and more versatile. It won't be 2014 but it sure won't be the cluster**** last season was.

I agree with this. The team will be better, even if the record doesn't reflect that, the actual roster is improved and it just makes more sense. If they are to swing a trade for an everyday left fielder, I do wonder what they do with Nava and Gentry. To me Gentry needs to make the team because he fills a role, however Nava is the one on a guaranteed contract, at least I think that is right.