• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Efren Navarro DFA to make room for Al Al

**** this offseason. Seriously, I can take not signing Upton, Davis, Parra or any pitcher.. hell I can cope with the Simmons trade but this has to stop at some point. Efren and his walk up song was all I had left in this God forsaken world...

Eppler has some explaining to do but quite frankly i dont even know if i want to hear it at this point. I'll see you guys at next year's winter meetings .

We did this last year and he went through waivers. I like Navarro, but lets see if Choi is any better.

This is different. Last year, if I remember correctly, it was a technicality as he was a rare four-year option guy and they have to be DFA'd but there is a gentleman's agreement league-wide that other teams don't pick those guys up. This is a true DFA move and is almost certainly the end of his Angels tenure.

Who does belong?

David Murphy is an OK left-handed bat at this point in his career. His power is gone, and the Big A further kills that. His defense is not something you want in LF on a regular basis. For the $7m option. I see why the Angel's passed. I'd like to see a legitimate LF brought in via free agency or trade. We'll see if it happens.

Colin Cowgill is a perfectly reasonable fourth outfielder, but Craig Gentry is a better fielder and a superior base runner. Gentry at $1m non-guaranteed is an upgrade at 4OF.

Efren Navarro is a light hitting, low OBP player. He is a brilliant defensive 1B at a position where defense isn't critical. I like him, but he just doesn't offer a skillset that justifies a spot on the 25 man roster.

Alden Gonzalez ‏@Alden_Gonzalez

A few Angels players privately pushed for Navarro to get more playing time this season. Solid all-round; high character. He'll help someone.

This move surprises me to no end. Navarro has one of the best LD% rates in the Minors vs. RHP. Although he lacked power he was an excellent contact hitter from the left side of the plate paired with excellent 1B defense. Perhaps he'll pass through waivers and stay  with the team but I don't think that is going to happen.

Edited by ettin

This move surprises me to no end. Navarro has one of the best LD% rates in the Minors vs. RHP. Although he lacked power he was an excellent contact hitter from the left side of the plate paired with excellent 1B defense. Perhaps he'll pass through waivers and stay  with the team but I don't think that is going to happen.

I think there is a decent chance he will pass through waivers and stay with the team.  I'd give it about 70%.

I've seen complaints on here today about losing David Murphy, Colin Cowgill, and Efren Navarro. All three appear to be really good guys.

Not one of them belongs on the Angels' 25 man roster if they are going to contend in 2016.

When your alternatives are Nava and Gentry, guys like Murphy feel like Babe Ruth.