• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bill banning child marriage fails in Pakistan after it’s deemed ‘un-Islamic’

It is horrible.

On a slightly different tangent, how are we not complicit in many of these things when our soldiers are ordered to not intervene when they know children are being abused in these countries?

We are just as disgusting.

Seriously? It is our obligation to police these barbarians? And we are "disgusting" for not doing so?

Country Female Male Algeria 18 21 Egypt 16 18 Iran 13 15 Iraq 18 18 Jordan 18 18 Morocco 18 18 Tunisia 20 20 Yemen 15 15

those are legal ages for marriage for many arab states in middle east (and persian Iran).  This is a disgusting and significant problem, but its a cultural one.  Not an islamic one.   The bible doesn't specifically dictate marriage guidelines, nor does the Quran.  You'll note that at least one arab country has stricter marriage laws on the books then we do even here in the states.

Edited by UndertheHalo

If I had the ability to stop it, I would.

What would you do?

If you are a soldier in the US military you will do what is within the mission parameters to do. You are not another countries police force nor are you allowed in most cases to interfere with any internal conflicts that do not constitute a threat to you or your detachment. I'm sure Scout could better define the directives but any deviation could wind you up in a courts martial.