• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trying to be competitive versus actually trying to win...

floplag

I have been to Spring training and Weaver loafs it on the practice field. He started his career as an Angel out of shape, showed up for his first Spring and second Spring training out of shape, even Scioscia voiced his disappointment his sophomore season. He just seems like a guy that thinks he can take the Winter off and it will all be there when April rolls around. I've read all the articles about how he dedicated himself to training in the off season and then he is jogging or slow walking while the rest of the pitching squad is putting forth an effort to be ready. He is no Nolan Ryan about his fitness. Hell, he isn't even like CJ Wilson.

Practice? We're talking about practice?

I agree that it's confusing, but the actual on field production of the team is MUCH better than most decades of this franchise. I still hold out hope, especially since none of these guys have signed that Arte is waiting for the prices to drop then signs a guy. Offense has not been as expensive as it was thought to be so far this off season.

Perhaps true in the 6-7 years following the WS title, but certainly not the last 5 years where we have had 3 third place finishes and 1 division title. 

I still have hope, just no expectations.  Recent actions give me no reason for them.

There is still time and we will see once those dominoes start to fall.

How many sub .500 seasons have we had in the last several years. Compare that to other eras. The problem is increased expectations.

i dont consider 500 teams  winning, or barely even competing. 

yes, we have higher expectations, but we were told we should.... Arte made many promises and goals when he came into the fold... if we have higher expectations it because we were told to.  

we have the best player in the game and and a future hall of famer on our roster, what have we done to take advantage of that?

Im not going to take the blame for expecting this club to do better or be better

I have been to Spring training and Weaver loafs it on the practice field. He started his career as an Angel out of shape, showed up for his first Spring and second Spring training out of shape, even Scioscia voiced his disappointment his sophomore season. He just seems like a guy that thinks he can take the Winter off and it will all be there when April rolls around. I've read all the articles about how he dedicated himself to training in the off season and then he is jogging or slow walking while the rest of the pitching squad is putting forth an effort to be ready. He is no Nolan Ryan about his fitness. Hell, he isn't even like CJ Wilson.

Yo mama loafs it to hometown buffet

And that's the basis of my argument. Albert Pujols should still be our DH (or 1B if he's healthy) because he's the best option. Weaver is not the best option at this point in his career. H's not even the 7th best option.

You keep saying that like you want it to be true. btw Weaver's last game was better than Richards.

Chill

Dirtbag!

And that's the basis of my argument. Albert Pujols should still be our DH (or 1B if he's healthy) because he's the best option. Weaver is not the best option at this point in his career. H's not even the 7th best option.

Weavers has had one bad season. ONE. It is beyond disloyal to drop him without giving him a chance to come back.

i dont consider 500 teams winning, or barely even competing.

yes, we have higher expectations, but we were told we should.... Arte made many promises and goals when he came into the fold... if we have higher expectations it because we were told to.

we have the best player in the game and and a future hall of famer on our roster, what have we done to take advantage of that?

Im not going to take the blame for expecting this club to do better or be better

I hate to break this to you but 500+ season is considered a winning season. Sorry if that doesn't fit your definition of winning but to the rest of the world it does.

I hate to break this to you but 500+ season is considered a winning season. Sorry if that doesn't fit your definition of winning but to the rest of the world it does.

Well on AngelsWin, every starting pitcher other than Weaver and Wilson is considered a "prospect" too. Specificity and plain meaning of language don't mean much around here.

Weavers has had one bad season. ONE. It is beyond disloyal to drop him without giving him a chance to come back.

Weaver will be back, unfortunately his arm velocity won't. He might turn into a situational pitcher. He may turn into a great 7th inning setup guy. His unique pitching style might be effective in later innings as batters will have to adjust.