• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

And we wonder why Dipoto quit...

Cause he handcuffed the organization in several ways and damaged Moreno's confidence in Front Office personnel.

The only way you don't go over the luxury tax is if you don't have faith in the plan, presented by the FO, to win and draw fans, working out.

With that said, Eppler needs to have made several trades by Spring Training to get this team where it needs to be headed into the season.

You're dead wrong. But that's all I will say on this. I've already said enough

This has been an eroding situation for several years now.  

From 2005-2008 their drafts produced hank conger, jorden walden, peter bourjos, andrew romine, and tyler chatwood.   Other than Kendrys, we didn't really sign any significant international players (that I can remember) and then we completely pulled out of the international market in 2009.  

Reagins came along in 2007 and under the direction of Arte (and maybe MS to a degree), took a hammer to the eroded area blindly, further damaging it.  

Eddie Bane found a brand new piece of drywall and borrowed his dad's killer set of tool to give it a nice cosmetic appearance but the mold was still underneath.  

In 2010, he and reagins tried to fix it even further and ended up exposing the damage but got pissed at each other and just left it.  

Then Jerry came along and said 'I can fix that shit easy.'  So he got out his metric socket set but alas, the materials were standard so he put some spit, wd40, duct tape and patch all over it to hold every thing together.  But it looked like shit.

Scott Sevais came by one day and tried to cover it up with liquid paper and he lit a scented candle but when he came back the next day a sharpie note in MS handwriting said 'For a good time, call Jill Servais' with Scott's home phone number underneath.

Then Arte came along one day and said 'are we still working on this shit?  It looks worse than ever."  So he put a picture of a painting over it with a very fancy and expensive frame.  But he realized the painting was a knock off so he put a mirror with white powder all over it over the top.  Then he realized the mirror was a gift from his ex wife so he got rid of it not realizing it was an expensive family heirloom.  

Jerry saw the mirror in the trash and after seeing his reflection he realized how inappropriately tan he was which made him angry.  So he demanded that no one else was allowed to touch his eroded mess of a structure.  But Butcher, Baylor and Scioscia got really drunk one night and wrote mean stuff about jerry all over it.  So Jerry told Arte to fix it but Arte thought it really tied the room together and felt they should leave it.  

So Jerry left.  

Then Billy came along.  He took one look at it and said 'holy shit!  What the F is that thing?!" Arte told him it was the franchise and Billy laughed.  But after some consternation, Billy put together an estimate of what it would cost and showed it to Arte who told him to get started fixing it.  

But then Arte realized he didn't see one of the zeroes in the quote total.  So he said '**** it', took a shit on it, and then went sailing.

I nominate this for the Angelswin Hall of Fame. Damn, Doc, this was well done.

I don't see a direction... enough so to actually make a post. I love the Angels enough to watch them no matter their chances. I remember being excited about the probability of being a .500 team. It's unfortunate that we have a ways to go in order to become a "respectable" organization again. I personally think Dipoto had too small of a sample size to actually judge him as a GM. Arte is a great business man but he doesn't know legitimate numbers for long term success when it comes to sports teams. Especially a game like baseball which relies so much on long term numbers and larger sample sizes and investment in player personnel. American Football is so far behind Baseball because every season is so varianced via the 16 game seasons that the general understanding of sports is scewed. Its unfortunate. The Angels aren't going to be great (mathematically) for a couple more years. I love the simmons trade, the Trout prime years are going to take a hit, We can all blame Hamilton, or Arte. sure, but the only thing we can hope for is improvement. It's not going to happen this year... or next year. Our minor league system is too weak overall. Long post short, Arte is the problem. We need the trickle down affect to start strong from the top. It hasn't happened. Stop stressing out, your lives will be better for it. Love the Angels, hope for the best, and stop pulling your hair out. Become an alcoholic, it works for me.  

Drunk rant over. I'll edit it when I feel like it. 

This shouldnt have made me laugh..  but it did.  a lot.. 

Feels like a decade ago.

Long gone are the Mathis vs Napoli worries. It was like debating on mashed or whole potatoes to go with your kobe steak at Maestro's. If the Angels don't play this winter correctly, one or two unfortunate injuries will spin into a post-apocalyptical Mad Max season+ and fans will be eating old shoes.