• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Chris Cotillo: Angels and Padres after Daniel Nava

jsnpritchett

This news, if not a smoke screen to cover up negotiations or get leverage, is absolutely depressing.  How could everyone have said we were in on Heyward and made offers, but now Arte says we didn't?  Even Eppler's quotes today don't match with what Arte said today.  It's like they have no clue what the other is doing and there is no plan or direction.   Nothing this offseason makes sense now.

Honestly, if this is the approach they are gonna take, then they may as well gut the team and try to get as many high minors prospects as possible so that in 3 years they will be competitive again.  That would give us an outside chance to keep Trout for the long term.  

This franchises use of resources and opportunities over the last 6-7 years has been an unmitigated colossal goat **** of a disaster.  

The FO and OWNER have been disastrous to this team over the past 5-6 years for sure. Costing them big time now during the Trout years. Have had Trout up for 4 seasons now and have exactly 0 playoff wins to show for it and it doesn't look like that's gonna change this season

The FO and OWNER have been disastrous to this team over the past 5-6 years for sure. Costing them big time now during the Trout years. Have had Trout up for 4 seasons now and have exactly 0 playoff wins to show for it and it doesn't look like that's gonna change this season

I agree 100%. This has been, and continues to be, one of the poorer run franchises in baseball. Surround a once in a generation player with bloated contracts and a barren farm system. And there is no help on the horizon, so this team is what it is for the next few seasons.

Absolutely depressing.

Arte Moreno makes the old Angelos and even Steinbrenner look like St.L. ownership.

Never spends on scouting or player development, but gave $125 million to a fast declining 32 year-old with a past drug dependency that is thought to deteriorate the body sooner than normal, didn't sign Beltre, traded for Wells who always sucked at Angel Stadium and was up and down on the road, and then absolutely stopped spending period after signing Hamilton despite the franchise being worth $1.3 million.

His ownership since 2010 defies ANY logic!

Can you blame Arte. We've been talking about going for it every season since 2009 as though we're one piece away from a WS winner. We've been saying we have this 5 year window since we signed Pujols. We've mortgaged our future for the last 5 years to win in the current "5 year window".

Everyone here would be mad if we rebuilt now but maybe we should try to be good in 3 years to salvage the last 2 years of this window.

Escobar

Nava

Trout

Pujols

Calhoun

Simmons

Perez

Giovatella

With good starting pitching and a mediocre bullpen this is a 78-84 win team.

Arte doesn't have to worry about the product on the field because he is guaranteed TV money every year. The value of the franchise is now tripled since he bought it. It is just painful to us fans who love the game and the team. It looks like another long season ahead.

Can you blame Arte. We've been talking about going for it every season since 2009 as though we're one piece away from a WS winner. We've been saying we have this 5 year window since we signed Pujols. We've mortgaged our future for the last 5 years to win in the current "5 year window".

Everyone here would be mad if we rebuilt now but maybe we should try to be good in 3 years to salvage the last 2 years of this window.

I would be fine if they were trying to rebuild now if that was actually what they were trying to do. You don't trade off your two best prospects if you're trying to rebuild, nor do you trade a young, cheap reliever with upside for a one year rental. The FO obviously thinks this team as-is can compete, and that's sad.

My ****ing **** the platoon is going to be Nava and Gentry. Why the hell did we trade our top prospects for Simmons? It's almost as if Arte told Eppler he was going for it all this off-season and then changed his mind.  Or Eppler is a colossal moron. Good luck getting fans to the big A, let alone getting them to tune in with this disaster of an offense. For the first time in a while I can say I am not very excited for the season to start. 

Between Weaver and Wilson's contracts coming off the books next year, and Hamilton's the year after, the Angels can spend for 2016 and still end up well below the tax threshold for 2018 when the FA class is shaping up to be ridiculous.

and what til;l then, third?  fourth place?   what agreat use of the best players in th games prime years.  might as well trade him and be done with it if thats the plan 

Yes I can blame Arte. We have the best player in baseball in the last twenty years and once he hits his prime we decide to stop spending.  It's ****ing idiotic.  

I'm not exactly thrilled with some of the moves Eppler has made so far, but I would still wait a little while longer to see if our new GM really has a plan. Or at least an explanation as to his thought process. I seriously hope this team doesn't look like this in March. I'll be waiting patiently until late Jan, maybe Feb.

Well technically it isn't really homebrewers money, he lives in No-Cal and doesn't go to games. I don't really count the money we all pay for FSW because anyone who lives local was going to get that on basic cable. If people really want to show Arte that he is screwing up then stop going to games, it is truly the only thing that makes a dent in this.