• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Comparing Outfielders

nate

Upton or Gordon look like the way to go. I don't subscribe to theory of lineup balancing as much as Mike does, or even situational relievers for that matter. I don't care if you're right handed or left handed, as long as you can get the job done against both lefties and righties, I'm good.

But it would be interesting to field a lineup with Escobar and Gordon hitting in front of Trout while Pujols, Calhoun and Cronhit 4-5-6.

At this point they're all an upgrade and I would be happy with any of them. Throw Kim from South Korea into the mix and he might be my first choice. Great hitter and would cost almost nothing. Kang signed with the Pirates and was solid last year. I think he signed for $11 million for 4 years

I've enjoyed all these posts comparing the prospective OFers -- but the numbers that stick out for me are these..

AL Ave 15 LF: .251/.313/.409 - .722

Angels 15 LF: .215/.275/.315 - .592

Just getting back to league average would be a massive improvement.

Edited by Inside Pitch

Hits left handed, will be way cheaper than the others, perfect leadoff option and best of all does not cost a draft pick. He is my guy.

And that all comes down IF Span is healthy. Hip surgery is pretty serious. If it wasn't, the Nats would have brought him back before we even got a chance to bid. Until he can prove healthy, I'd steer clear.

I'd be totally fine with Span at this point.  He'd be a very good lead off hitter for us if he's healthy.  Of course that is an important if.  But he shouldn't cost more than 8-10mil per.  

If they did that, I would still be looking for them to upgrade 2b/3b or SP and of course fix the pen.  But they won't.  

Span, Cueto and a pen arm with a trade for a 2b/3b upgrade.  I'd even consider taking on Phillips contract if the reds were willing to let him go without too much in return.  Trade Wilson or Santiago for a couple of top notch pen arms. 

Span

Escobar

Trout

Pujols

Calhoun

Phillips

Perez

Simmons

Cueto

Richards

Heaney

Skaggs

Santiago/Weaver/Wilson/Shoe/Trop or whoever we don't trade.  

and then I woke up.