• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Heisman Watch

Please read the Heisman Trophy mission statement -- when one does that -- it becomes clear that Integrity & Character is a key factor along with good stats.

If that's truly the case, there can only be one obvious choice for the 2015 Heisman Trophy :

KEENAN REYNOLDS of U.S. Navy -- NCAA record breaking performance (most career rushing TDs in NCAA history and about to break the record for most TDs (rushing plus receiving) of all time. Plus impeccable character.

Big game Friday morning -- Houston vs. Navy (9-1) with Navy having a chance to break into a major New Year's Day Bowl game.

KEENAN REYNOLDS for 2015 Heisman --- on the day of the ceremony - Dec. 12 - Reynolds will be on the field in Philadelphia playing Army as Navy goes for another Commander in Chief trophy -- if Reynolds gets invited to NY as a Heisman finalist, US Naval Academy officials say they will get him to NY for the ceremony.

Reynolds had a gigantic day today, completing 13-16 passes for 312 yards and rushing for 84 more on 19 carries.

Alas, Navy's defense rarely ever stopped Houston in a 52-31 loss. 

On the year after 11 games: 220 carries for 1,093 yards.  

Today was the only day he passed for more than 134 yards on the season.  

He was only 33-68 for 652 yards before today, although with 5 TDs, and 0 INTs.

Edited by Angel Oracle

That Navy loss to Houston was a tough one.

Navy defense simply could not stop Houston.

One aspect of the game that was really great and showed the character of the Navy team and Keenan Reynolds is at the end of the game -- Navy is down by more than 20 points. 30 seconds or less left. Navy has the ball.  Do they take a knee or do a running play that runs out the clock and ends the game?  Do they simply stand there and let the clock run down??  NO -- NOT NAVY. They continue to play to the last second with short pass plays, getting out of bounds and trying to get that one more play/ shot for the end zone.  The Houston fans actually started booing when this was occurring.

NAVY -- never quit, never.  Down 20 plus points they were seeking that end zone pass play with one second left on the clock.  Class acts all the way.

The Navy loss pretty much puts an end to any already highly unlikely strong finish Heisman Trophy win by Keenan Reynolds -- but I still think he should get it. As pointed out -- he did have a good day and one of his best passing stat games of his career (tells you Navy was behind early and often)....

Had Navy won, Keenan Reynolds would have had two more fairly highly watched games to shine and snatch the Heisman -- the conference playoff game vs. Temple (Houston will now be in that game -- and Houston deserves a look if they win that game for a major top six Bowl game -- the same look Navy would have gotten).  And then Navy plays Army in the Army-Navy game Dec. 12.

Navy is going to a Bowl game -- I believe they accepted an invitation to a Bowl Game in San Diego when they first became Bowl eligible with Six wins and only if they won the conference championship and advanced to a top six Bowl Game would those plans change.

SI has story this week on KEENAN REYNOLDS.

If the Heisman Trophy Foundation Board actually read the Heisman criteria (character, integrity and I'd add 'honor'), in addition to excellence on the football field..........well, there's really only ONE fully QUALIFIED candidate this year -- KEENAN REYNOLDS.

My vote goes to Ed McCaffery's kid. Ed was one of my favorite all-time NY Giants, even though he had a short stay.

He won't get it because he is only a sophomore.

I read that the next McCaffery brother is the #2 ranked high school QB in the country. That is some gene pool!

On Friday night, on a screen crawl during Sports Center, ESPN said that if McCaffrey won, he would be the first Pac-12 player not from USC to win the award. Just off the top of my head I remember Gary Beban (UCLA) and Jim Plunkett (Stanford) winning the Heisman.

This can't be serious... They also ran an article on the front page of ESPN today saying: "Why Henry should win the Heisman." No bias at all of course.