• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Good work, NRA

But the American military leadership isn't planning to stage a coup on the backs of American protesters.

Well the military does like making its contingencies plans. But yes, I'm glad they aren't planning on implementing one any time soon. But the current relative peace and prosperity many western governments are experiencing are an abnormality in the entirety of human history.  To assume it continues without doubt of reverting to the norm is unwise.

The closest example we have to a conflict within the U.S. that we could compare to today is the Civil War. Obviously the technology is far more advanced than 150 years ago but there could be some similarities.

Confederates were able to get their hands on weapons that they already had, captured, smuggled in, or traded from foreign powers.

Not all of the union military stayed loyal and many future generals joined the confederacy. So counting on the American military to remain undivided isn't a guarantee.

Those that remain could be loyal or have a hidden agenda.

I still feel the average American couldn't last a month against the government because of their military capacity but there definitely could be some potential issues.

If we're talking about a citizen getting their hands on an F22, might as try just be a bit of scrap metal. An anti tank weapon, possibly a different story.

If you guys notice, democracies rarely have revolutions (I can think of Chile and Spain, which were new democracies). Think about it: How would a group of people with minority support take over a country. 

Hillary said something about the NRA today. I think this means that the demonization process is underway.Soon, all remaining leftists who are ambivalent or pro-gun will be forced to choose between being within the pale or the focus of evil. 

I read an article a couple days ago about a test of a new targeting system which pitted the NRA Global marksman champion vs the wife of Chris Kyle, a novice with a rifle but an expert with the TrackingPoint guided weapon system.

She scored a perfect 100% on a field that included multiple shooting scenarios in combat situations. The expert scored 59%.

This weapon system is being sold to the department od defense that can turn an everyday grunt into a better than Navy Seal sniper in multiple calibers. Even if you could get your militia together you are facing these guys with night vision and drones for targeting.

What I'm saying is Nate's shotgun may not be enough.

Edited by notti

If you guys notice, democracies rarely have revolutions (I can think of Chile and Spain, which were new democracies). Think about it: How would a group of people with minority support take over a country. 

Hillary said something about the NRA today. I think this means that the demonization process is underway.Soon, all remaining leftists who are ambivalent or pro-gun will be forced to choose between being within the pale or the focus of evil. 

Democrats have been coming out for stricter gun control for decades but Hillary bringing it up will finalize the process?  ok...

If you ever wonder why people don't take you seriously, reread your last paragraph.  In less than 100 words you pack in so much idiocy, base speculation, and unfounded doomsday predictions.

Glen, you're not really right. His last statement was simply Clinton is going to take advantage of the moment on an issue she knows is polarizing and yet will never be something she can change. It's the perfect lightning rod.

Edited by notti

The way the South holds onto their guns reminds me of the Modena region of Italy.  Historically, the worlds best iron workers, sword smiths, etc come from Modena.  Even today the exotic cars made by Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc come from this region.  It is a part of their culture and heritage.

In the South, their heritage goes back to keeping slaves and losing the civil war.  They are still holding onto their guns so they can win the next one.

Glen, you're not really right. His last statement was simply Clinton is going to take advantage of the moment on an issue she knows is polarizing and yet will never be something she can change. It's the perfect lightning rod.

Cracker, please.  "Hillary said something about the NRA today."  Really?  Just today, she finally said something about the NRA?  "Soon, all remaining leftists who are ambivalent or pro-gun will be forced to choose between being within the pale or the focus of evil."  Besides being a heaping load of nothing disguised as insight, it's incorrect.  What does that statement even mean, stripped away from the pretentious language?

I read an article a couple days ago about a test of a new targeting system which pitted the NRA Global marksman champion vs the wife of Chris Kyle, a novice with a rifle but an expert with the TrackingPoint guided weapon system.

She scored a perfect 100% on a field that included multiple shooting scenarios in combat situations. The expert scored 59%.

This weapon system is being sold to the department od defense that can turn an everyday grunt into a better than Navy Seal sniper in multiple calibers. Even if you could get your militia together you are facing these guys with night vision and drones for targeting.

What I'm saying is Nate's shotgun may not be enough.

So what you are saying is these will be on the shelves at Wal-Mart for your Christmas shopping needs.  If the military can have these why can't I according to the 2nd amendment. 

If you ever wonder why people don't take you seriously, reread your last paragraph.  In less than 100 words you pack in so much idiocy, base speculation, and unfounded doomsday predictions.

Yet another example of criticism without examples. It's a very common reaction and one that I DON"T TAKE SERIOUSLY because of that fact. I always provide examples. 

Can you name established democracies that have experienced non-democratic (violent) revolutions? Please, go ahead, Mr. Serious. 

Also, I"m sure you're not aware that there have been many Dems who have supported gun rights. Guns were not an issue in recent campaigns. What does Hillary Clinton say, â€œThe NRA of thirty years ago is not the NRA of today,” Clinton said. “Today they want people to think the black helicopter is landing in your yard” to “take them away.”

Why did she want to distinguish the NRA of thirty-years ago with today? Go ahead, Mr. Genius. Why? Might it be because she's trying to get people to think that there's some new, unacceptable quality to the NRA not present in the past (when many Dems weren't so antithetical to guns)? It's clear to me that just like they tried to do with people who hold a certain position on marriage or whether guys can be girls by an act of will, they're trying to make gun owners seem hateful or crazy and supporting gun rights as outside the bounds of decency. 

This kind of analysis is obviously not a strong point of yours. 

*watch the name calling please

Edited by notti

Anyone notice pro-lifers are afraid of terrorists? Pro-lifers ARE terrorists.

The extreme right wing christian church has bombed more buildings in america than muslims. All for the sake of being "pro-life".

The pastor I grew up around drove the largest diesel truck to tow the largest boat because his lazy @$$ only had to work 1 day a week thanks to all the money from hating gays and preaching the pro-life message. Guess who caught him at a City of Industry strip club, saving souls no doubt. The biggest scumbags in Ameirca stand behind a pulpit every sunday and ask for your $$$. Creating terrorists.

Dude, you're damaged. You should really seek some help.