• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Braves shopping Freeman

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/157408106/braves-freddie-freeman-on-trading-block

Pujols for Freeman... get it done Epp.
In all seriousness though, not like there is a fit for him here, nor do we have any remotely close pieces to acquire, but geez... I wonder what his asking price will be after what they asked for Simmons (our deal or Harvey/Degrom). Has to be attractive at $20 mil per for a 26 y/o offensive and defensive stud. 

Unfortunately Freeman is a first baseman and honestly his power numbers are not really impressive. His best season with 23 home runs was propped up by a .371 babip. He is really more Casey Kotchman than Mark Teixiera.

I agree... I'll take it!

Really though, I would expect his power numbers to really raise  as he grows into his prime. Not basing it off of any information really, he just seems like a guy to develop into a Rizzo type slugger. 

its so strange to see the Braves blow everything up like this.  It was just a few years ago that they seemed to have a really great young core of players.  Its gonna be rough opening up that new stadium with no star power on the team.

Exactly what I was thinking. I would think that a 28 year old, homegrown, in-prime bonafide all-star would be the key piece to leading the youngins in 2017 going forward. Let alone that he is the face of their team. 

Exactly what I was thinking. I would think that a 28 year old, homegrown, in-prime bonafide all-star would be the key piece to leading the youngins in 2017 going forward. Let alone that he is the face of their team.

It's like they're trying to replicate the Astros or Cubs but going way, way too far.

what do we have left to be in any shopping discussions thats going to get anything of merit?

we would have to give up half our current ml roster to get a 275 hitter at this point

Well if we want to be big spenders then we have Richards and Heaney, which might not work for Freeman, considering the direction the Braves are going, but it is at least a conversation starter for top end talent. Of course that only assumes we are willing to spend to bring in David Price or one of the other arms.