• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

MLBTR's FA Predictions

totdprods

Ian Kennedy?    Sure he has a 9.3/9 innings Ks rate, IN THE NL.    His 4.28 ERA is high given the division and home stadium that he pitches in.

The 4 years/$52 million is reasonable for Murphy.

Cespedes 6 years/$140 million seems high, though not obscenely so.

Heyward would be intriguing in new Skankee Stadium patrolling the spacious LF/CF areas, as long as he didn't become HR happy.    

He will hit balls over that short RF porch without overswinging.

no thank you.  I'm not giving up picks for Murphy and Kennedy.  No freaking way

If the contracts play out as indicated on that list I would want

Zobrist 3/51 (in a heartbeat)

Freese 2/20 (I think we get him cheaper than the money they have him at)

Bastardo 3/15

Shawn Kelley 2/12

Trade for a LFer or 2b.  (Zobrist can play either.)  Salary offset (Wilson, Santiago, Shoe are potential candidates.)

Make a run at Maeda (I know they won't, but they should).  

It that doesn't happen, wait till the end of the FA period and see if you can add Latos or Fister on a 1yr deal.  

So another 10mil in pitching either way

That is about 50mil additional payroll.  All of which potentially comes off in 3yrs or less (unless we sign Maeda - which we won't)

Ian Kennedy?    Sure he has a 9.3/9 innings Ks rate, IN THE NL.    His 4.28 ERA is high given the division and home stadium that he pitches in.

The 4 years/$52 million is reasonable for Murphy.

Cespedes 6 years/$140 million seems high, though not obscenely so.

Heyward would be intriguing in new Skankee Stadium patrolling the spacious LF/CF areas, as long as he didn't become HR happy.    

He will hit balls over that short RF porch without overswinging.

Granderson was a monster on the Yankees.  I'm sure Hayward can produce similar numbers.

If those contract numbers turn out to be accurate, I'd rather have Upton or Fowler. Especially, if we are signing a Murphy, Kendrick, or any other FA that costs a draft pick.

No thanks on Kennedy. Angels should only invest in a SP if they want to go after an Ace, otherwise what we have in house is fine.

Cespedes is the run producer the Angels need.  And you KNOW Arte will basically ink him based on one great play he made in LF that one time.  Yeah, .290 42 DB and 35 HR is a big deal, but we're leaving out the fact that his career OBP is .319, and the fact that he'd never hit more than 26 HR's before last year.  Also, the only way he posts a respectable OBP is if he hits over .290, which his career indicated .270 is considerably more likely. 

It's just a risky way to spend money, and the Angels have already been burned (Pujols and Hamilton) by high risk free agency signings.  They have to learn their lesson at some point right?

I consider Heyward or Upton much more likely. 

I won't even both justifying a Kennedy signing with an answer.  It's that stupid. 

And as for Murphy.  Yeah, I get the logic.  The Angels need a 2B because Giavotella is a statue out there with limited offensive upside.  But we also need someone at 3B in case neither Kubitza or Cowart can hack it.  So Murphy makes sense there.  But losing a draft pick on a player of his caliber, that's what doesn't make a ton of sense to me.  I mean he's essentially a LH version of Kendrick, and if the angels brought back Howie, at least they know they'd have a good defensive 2B on their hands. 

I'd love to get Heyward but 10yrs/200M ... screw that shit! It's not like he is a superstar. I wouldn't even go eight years on this guy. Anything more that five years for any player is not recommended unless it's for Trout/Harper/Stanton ... a face of the franchise type player.

Edited by Troll Daddy

I'd love to get Heyward but 10yrs/200M ... screw that shit! It's not like he is a superstar. I wouldn't even go eight years on this guy. Anything more that five years for any player is not recommended unless it's for Trout/Harper/Stanton ... a face of the franchise type player.

He'll also get an opt out which would be a surprise if he didn't use.

I'd rather have Maeda over Kennedy.  But really, if we spend the money for a true ace would be better.

Murphy.  Dear Angels.  The last time you went after the postseason hero, it didn't work out so well and you didn't even give him a QO.  Although 4/$56 isn't that outrageous a contract.

I can live with Cespedes, because a #4 hitter is not all about OBP.  It's about getting Trout home.  People also have to remember that this was Cespedes' 4th year in the MLB.  Considering he spent minimal in the minors, this might not be his peak yet.  He might have finally made the adjustment to the MLB and seeing MLB caliber pitching.  

As for Kennedy, he got a qualifying offer.  You don't sign Kennedy for that amount and lose a draft pick.  Hell no.

If you are going to lose a draft pick for a starting pitcher, there are other free agent pitchers to choose from.

Not sure I'd go 14 million a year and lose a draft pick for Murphy.  Being he got a qualifying offer, his price should go down.