• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

NYM @ LAD NLDS game 2

Hollyw00d

Plays like the one at second base tonight are becoming more and more common and it has everything to do with replay.

Middle infielders are being taught that they need to make sure they touch the bag, because there doesn't seem to be any neighborhood call on close plays under review. As such baserunners are being taught to get in there and break it up, because coming in hard is going to make the infielder have to choose between the out and himself.

This is at least the 4th or 5th really "dirty" play at second base I've seen in the post season so far this year.

If we see enough injuries, then this one will go the way of the current catcher catcher rules.  Changes will end up getting made to protect the infielders.  Players can't go out of their way to obliterate a catcher, and there is good reason to believe the league doesn't want that to happen on the bases either.

If Utley had initiated the slide earlier, he still would have broken-up the double play allowing the run from 3rd to score. While not truly intentional, this slide resulted in a broken leg for the opposing middle infielder. 

Dirty, dirty slide.

Yeah, he had no intention of sliding @ 2nd base, he slid late and outside the base path. I'm surprised the Mets haven't protested

Bulls**t, the take out slide has been part of the game since the beginning. The problem now is replay ..: the neighborhood play has also been part of baseball as a way for the player to avoid collision if possible.

I had no problem with Utley ... I did have a problem with the call after review.

Edited by Geoff

Bullshit, the take out slide has been part of the game since the beginning. The problem now is replay ..: the neighborhood play has also been part of baseball as a way for the player to avoid collision if possible.

I had no problem with Utley ... I did have a problem with the call after review.

Your usual twaddle.