• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Making Trout the Leadoff Batter

Trout should be batting leadoff.

How many times have we seen him draw a walk only for Pujols to GIDP or pop up?

At leadoff, Trout will have a greater opportunity to score more runs.

Working a pitcher early on and forcing him to throw his best stuff at the leadoff hitter gives the #2 batter an even better chance of getting on base.

The Angels lineup can get a huge boost from Trout batting first and Kole batting second.

Nothing beats a 1-2 Trout, Calhoun punch.

I think the Angels need to work on developing Johnny G into a lead off hitter.  Johnny batted .272 AVG this season with a .318 OBP.  I believe this can be improved upon.  I think if the Angels and Johnny work at it, he could become a .280 AVG/.350 OBP type of hitter, which would be perfect for the team.

Edited by VariousCrap

So, Trout gets on base, Calhoun strikes out, and Pujols pops it up.  Your argument doesn't make any sense.

Your leadoff hitter needs to be quick, high contact and be able to work a count (supposedly so that everyone else in the lineup can see what the pitcher's got).  Your 2-4 hitters are your best hitters.  Your 3rd hitter is your best overall hitter.  That's Mike Trout.

Trout had his best season when he batted leadoff. I certainly like the 2012 version of Mike Trout.

I don't mind disagreement, but some of you are just completely hostile to the idea of Trout batting 1st despite his success at that spot. 

Maybe he shouldn't bat leadoff–but he definitely shouldn't be batting 3rd as it does a great disservice to what he offers. Perhaps batting second is more reasonable, and I'm fine with that too. 

Edited by failos

Heyward is a pipe dream. So is anyone who will require a first round pick in compensation. 

Trout should bat 2nd or 3rd based on who they acquire for left field and second base plus other positions.

I think they need a leadoff hitter and to split up Pujols and Trout with a lefty power bat preferably.

Calhoun could hit after Trout, or after Pujols. 

It all depends on who they get in FA or via trade.