• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Biggest Area of Concern

Hubs

Great players can overcome incompetent management, but incompetent players can't be fixed by great management.  Not sure if that's true, but it might be.

I don't know. It hasn't worked out for the Edmonton Oilers.

And, better management tends to deal with incompetency better than poor management.

So sorry, I have to disagree with your statement. 

Great players can overcome incompetent management, but incompetent players can't be fixed by great management. Not sure if that's true, but it might be.

very good way to put it.

Right now were the 80s bulls. We habe jordan and nobody else. Jordan was the best player in basketball from when he landed, but didnt win a ring for years. Phil jackson came later and helped, but pippen and rodman helped more

I don't know. It hasn't worked out for the Edmonton Oilers.

And, better management tends to deal with incompetency better than poor management.

So sorry, I have to disagree with your statement. 

Nothing to be sorry about, it was just something that popped into my mind.  A point of discussion if you will.

Jordin won three titles without Rodman.

very good way to put it.

Right now were the 80s bulls. We habe jordan and nobody else. Jordan was the best player in basketball from when he landed, but didnt win a ring for years. Phil jackson came later and helped, but pippen and rodman helped more

What are they going to do if Weaver or Wilson can't make it out of Spring Training?

Presumably it would be five of Richards, Heaney, Santiago, Shoemaker, Skaggs and Tropeano. but Newcomb or Smith types would certainly be in the discussion. That rotation certainly looks thin though, because I'm not sure I count on Santiago or Shoemaker at all and the days we expect anything from Weaver or Wilson have to be done.

I could see them going either way... a free agent starting pitcher or left fielder.  You never now what you can get. Free agency isn't always strictly a bidding process.  

I'd lean towards a left fielder, though.... because there is more young pitching talent in the organization than there is position player talent.   I'd prefer Jason Heyward.    

Presumably it would be five of Richards, Heaney, Santiago, Shoemaker, Skaggs and Tropeano. but Newcomb or Smith types would certainly be in the discussion. That rotation certainly looks thin though, because I'm not sure I count on Santiago or Shoemaker at all and the days we expect anything from Weaver or Wilson have to be done.

The problem with not doing anything now is nobody will be trading good pitchers away early in the season.  The pitching really needs to be decent in April and May for us to have a chance again. 

I think there's way too much unproven talent with that assortment of pitchers.

But, are you legitimately suggesting a straight up trade of Cron for Votto? Votto is one of the top 5 hitters in baseball. Arguably top 3.

With a crazy contract. I'm sure the Reds would love to get rid of the contract if they are going through a rebuild. Hard to demand a lot of players back when he's still owed around 200 million. Just throwing ideas around

With a crazy contract. I'm sure the Reds would love to get rid of the contract if they are going through a rebuild. Hard to demand a lot of players back when he's still owed around 200 million. Just throwing ideas around

i get what youre saying, and its a point that is logical to you and me, but it would be similar to us trading trout. It would get a big contract off our hands, and it would bet a huge return....you just dont do it.

Im all for picking up a bad contract from a team that wants salary relief. Votto is just too good for them to give up though i think

Scouting.

Tony Reagins, the biggest dumbass of all time, fired Eddie Bane and this team has been tanking at scouting/drafts ever since.

The Angels seem to always give away their most valued assets to other teams. Bane is, of course, the assistant GM for the Red Sox. 

Edited by failos

• 3 years later...
On October 5, 2015 at 6:47 PM, Troll Daddy said:

This team needs a #1 pitcher desperately ... it's going to be costly but I ranked that as my #1 priority. My #2 priority is a guy like Chris Davis ... someone to bat cleanup and DH/1B. I think we can trade for a left fielder who can leadoff and provide some speed on the bases. Will have to gamble with our your prospects at 3B. We can always fine tune everything before the trade deadline.

I'm very curious to see what Eppler has in mind this off season.

I agree